| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #12 Registration
2014-09-20 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Dr Cheap's Most Excellent Newby Winners circle....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47301

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Dr Cheap's Most Excellent Newby Winners circle.... Reply with quote

David Lawrence wins at Mooresville Last Sat! In Yamaha sr. beating the local points leader....

David started in the Bville Jr class in 2013 but was giving away 65lbs at the scale! Extra weight means less horse power.

Then David went to the Sr class, knowing he could not go back to the Jr Class once the decision was made to make the move up.

David first competed in Bville Sr clone Sportsman class, then to Sr Yamaha, sometimes running both classes in the 2014 hot summer heat, and doing very well in both Sr classes just starting out!

Congrats David, a real,kart racing success story! Just shows you good guys can win!

NOW come back to Bville and chase Chris Newman around....that is your next big challenge..c

Last edited by DrChip on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Hunter Johnson gets his first win..!!!!! Reply with quote

Our own Hunter Johnson has his first career win last Sat at Bville! That's what I'm talkin' about...!

..and what a story! Ran the Bville track a few years back and had a little on track incident that spooked him, and he did not race for,a while. Then started back running his kart in his yard, and told Daddy J, father Mark Johnson, that he was ready to try racing at Bville again. He progressed steadily, had some set backs he and his team got a little discouraged, but I kept telling him to press on. So he won one for the Dr Cheap!

...another Bville kart racing success story..

Now let's get that second win Hunter Dude! Whoo hoo. I am so hep! c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in...my carrier pigeon Emale Just got here to the coast of GA. Stopped on the way forms little fling with a Seagull......

even it was some early passing, once in turn one, and a rather large lead for a lot of the race, don't forget Mr Troy Brown! one proud pit crew and dad.. i will agree that today was a great day to be at the track. even though we've not known all of you folks for very long, many are what we'd consider great friends.. thank you all!! by the way.. where has Dr Chip been?

Michael Brown

ANOTHER newby kart racing success story...team Brown arrived at the track earlier this year with a shifter kart as their first race kart. Turned out to be a shiftless kart. Team Brown took the counsel of Dr Cheap: "Go my son, get rid of that shiftless kart if you wish to make more than two laps per race day. One word: 4 stroke. And Team Brown did what DR Cheap said, and they traveled to the far north reaches of the metro Atlanta area and found a sharp Razor owned by one of our boy racers who is moving on to Golf, and college!
This was to be an early fatherly birthday present.

Chief mechanic for Team brown then came to tell Dr Cheap that his clutch would not fit on the engine properly, and Dr Cheap, in his great wisdom, told him, mr Brown, reverse that clutch and it will fit, and it did, with Dr Cheap actually helping instead of just talking, and showing all that he too could get his hands dirty....

Congrats Team Brown and Troy. All these stories are what GSKA means to me.
Bob Barthelemy
Secretary/Treasurer

Score: 4810

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to David L., Hunter J., and Troy B! Great job to all you and your crew!
Xracing36

Score: 1782

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Johnson gets his first win..!!!!! Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
Our own Hunter Johnson has his first career win last Sat at Bville! That's what I'm talkin' about...!

..and what a story! Ran the Bville track a few years back and had a little on track incident that spooked him, and he did not race for,a while. Then started back running his kart in his yard, and told Daddy J, father Mark Johnson, that he was ready to try racing at Bville again. He progressed steadily, had some set backs he and his team got a little discouraged, but I kept telling him to press on. So he won one for the Dr Cheap!

...another Bville kart racing success story..

Now let's get that second win Hunter Dude! Whoo hoo. I am so hep! c

Actually, not to take away from Hunter's first GSKA win, his first career victory came this year at AMP, with Spencer Bush and Daniel Foust, although granted it was both of their first races in the junior ranks.
Congrats to all the winners this weekend!
Michael-Brown

Score: 1186

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dr Chip. i am amazed your memory is as it is. lol. missing your presence and leadership on Race Day even though Bob and the other members of the board have been there for you.

for once Troy and his crew chief only had to change tires. everything worked as it should and all that i did was from the advice and watching the other crew Chiefs either at work on their own karts or watching them help me work on mine at the track. My personal vendor supplier/mechanic (Roberts Kart Shop) has been better than any that i have been associated with before.

as i have said before, this is one big family. outside of Church, i have hardly ever had this great a feeling of comradery before. thanks to all who have contributed to Troy's Win.. We could not have done it without the GSKA "family".

Crew Chief for the Brown team.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and wait to you hear about our own Jax Walkers story from Jacksonville earlier this season...what a comeback after mechanical adversity.

Jax takes on Jax...stay tuned for details.........

Xander-isn't a win at AMP an AMP win? Lol. Were talking big time racin'. Were talking the Bull Ring, Bville.....
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reminded of another karting success story...how could I forget, maybe because I wanted to? Lol

Good job to all the winners this week. Hey Dr. Chip don't forget about my dad ED White and his three year ride to the top of clone sportman in 2013.

Edward 54

Courtland 24

The REST of the story....Ed was fast but he was his own worse enemy, on the track. Over driving, etc. Then came the coaching and mentoring of a Legend in his own mind, Dr. Cheap! Ed kept improving his finishing position, and Chipping away at Dr. Cheap's points lead. Soon they wee tied, and then Ed took the points lead. For the season championship by a narrow margin..

..HOWEVER, in the final race of the 2013 season, Even as Ed had clinched the Championship, Dr Cheap jumped out of Ed on the final feature of the season. Ed closed the gap,steadily, first attempting to pass dr Cheap on the outside in the S turns, but Ed still the gentleman driver, backed off...

On the final lap before the checkered, Ed again attempted to pass Dr. Cheap, this time on the inside going through the S turns.. From the corner of Dr Cheap's eye, he could see the nose of Ed's kart, gaining... Then in slow motion, Ed's kart started spinning, off into the grass, and Dr Cheap best him in the final race of the season, a hollow victory compared to Ed's Championship, but the old dog Dr Cheap showed the young pup Ed White that Dr. C still had it in I him, and never forget that....

Let me know of any more food karting stories...THATS what the GSKA is all about....c
Daniel White

Score: 6221

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations David!
edward 54

Score: 2221

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Dr.Chips Most Excellent New Winners Reply with quote

Thanks Dr.Chip for that great speech and not to take any thing away from the winners this week. Great job men lets keep up the good work and show the world what GSKA is all about.

Edward 54 Trophy Trophy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: