| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
GSKA/Atlanta Motorama at AMS this weekend-HUGE opportunity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiDAD

Score: 572

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: GSKA/Atlanta Motorama at AMS this weekend-HUGE opportunity Reply with quote

We have a choice booth AND AMS is letting us put some karts in the family area. This is a great opportunity to recruit in our backyard. I have several volunteers, but could use a few more. I have broken out into 4 shifts 4-5 hours each. 8-1 and 1-5 Sat and Sunday.
Basically handing out brochures and answering questions.

I think this will be a cool event as well.

Please pm me or post with contact info.

Thanks!
George Lawrence
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence
DigiDAD

Score: 572

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please share with friends, family, co-workers.

Georgia’s Most Unique Motoring Festival is This Weekend’s Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama Presented by Classic Collectors Insurance & zMAX
HAMPTON, Ga. (April 21, 2014) – Thousands of cars, a massive vendor midway and thrilling motorsports entertainment await fans on Saturday and Sunday of this weekend at Georgia’s newest and most unique motoring festival.
The Speedway will host the inaugural Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama presented by Classic Collector’s Insurance & zMAX in a two-day celebration of anything with a motor in it.
More than 1,000 cars from numerous eras, some rarely seen by the public, will be joined by hot rods, rat rods, classics, imports, customs, motorcycles, big-rig trucks and other cars in addition to a massive vendor midway, seminars and activities. The event will take place in the infield of Atlanta Motor Speedway, providing a great day of entertainment for car enthusiast and families alike.
Motorama visitors will view rare million-dollar vehicles in the Speedway Salon. Among them will be a 1930 Duesenberg Model J, one of less than 500 ever to have been built, a 1939 Packard Convertible Sedan which was used as the grand marshal automobile in the parade for the premier of Gone with the Wind, a 1930 Pierce Arrow Model A, a Rolls Royce and a version of the Plymouth driven to victory by Richard Petty in the 1964 Daytona 500.
In addition to the rare vehicles in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage at the Speedway, 34 car clubs help make up the more than approximately 1,000 vehicles expected for the event. Other featured vehicles include a selection of cars from Truett Cathy’s private collection and a 1958 Ford Fairlane from the private collection of NASCAR President Mike Helton.
Motorama, however, is much more than a car show. Entertainment and activities are scheduled throughout the event, including the AJC Kid’s Zone.
Near turn three of the Speedway, patrons can experience car-crushing exhibitions by BIGFOOT®, presented by Summit Racing Equipment. Spectators looking for speed can watch the lawnmower racing exhibitions.
In one of the more unique events at Motorama, high school students will be showing off their mechanical abilities in the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow competition on Saturday as teams will take apart and reassemble engines in less than 20 minutes in the Speedway’s Victory Lane. On Saturday and Sunday, Four Seasons Auction Gallery will conduct one of the largest collector car auctions in the southeast. Attendees are also invited to participate in the AARP Autocross.
Motorama will also be a place for car enthusiasts looking to buy, sell or upgrade their car and gain information on various topics. The giant vendor midway will feature nearly 200 vendors, giving attendees access to a number of vendors only seen at some of the largest car shows in the country. The Pull-A-Part Swap Meet will provide patrons the opportunity to browse various new and used vehicle parts and goods. Classic, custom and unique vehicles will be for sale in the car corral throughout Motorama.
Motorama opens each day at 9 a.m. and runs until 5 p.m. on Saturday and until 4 p.m. on Sunday. Motorama spectator admission is $12 per day. Kids ages 6 through 11 will be admitted for $5, with kids 5 and under being admitted free. Tickets will be available at Gate 15 and at the Atlanta Motor Speedway ticket office while parking for the event is free.

Bring the attached coupon with you for a $2.00 off admission.
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence
Jeff Foust

Score: 3707

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - big thanks for putting this together! And thanks to David for the video we had playing!

I think we had a lot of good responses from folks passing through the booth Daniel and I manned today. Lots of folks stopped and talked, took brochures, and said they'd come down and check out a race - most of them with kids! Met one or two folks that own karts and didn't know the track existed, so maybe they'll make an appearance out there. Hopefully all the hard work will turn out a few new racers!

Dad and I were talking about possibly trying to get something similar at a southside car show or two (like the one at Partners in Fayetteville) - maybe a tent with a kart or two and some flyers. If anyone is interested in doing something like that, let me know, and we'll put it together.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46206

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff-did we have a lot of GSKA volunteers there today? c
Jeff Foust

Score: 3707

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
Jeff-did we have a lot of GSKA volunteers there today? c

Sunday we had George, Daniel and I, the Johnsons and the Havertys.. Not sure who came on Saturday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: