| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
4 Cycle Sportsman Tire Specifications
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Foust

Score: 3961

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
@guyswith6inchwheels, you kids will grow up and will race in Junior class eventually.

6" wide rear wheels/tires are also used in Yamaha Junior and Senior classes, rain wheels for all other senior classes, so it is not like you bought boat anchor.

Good to know that the wheels I sank money into now will be usable in another 3 or 4 seasons when he moves up! Rolling Eyes
Luttrell Racing

Score: 1444

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Tires Reply with quote

Hey,
As Steve posted Wka made a mistake... Not a big deal! If gska will just follow Wka rules and let it be an option either 4.50 or 6.00 problem solved!

Gska is a Wka track so go by Wka rules so other racers will want to come race at barnsville!
https://www.facebook.com/IonicEdgeChassis
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29202

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WKA is making mistake after mistake. I remember 30+ entries per class in Gold Cup, 60+ entries in Cadet or TAG in Man Cup. Go check what it is now.
Jeff Foust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

Luttrell Racing wrote:
Hey,
As Steve posted Wka made a mistake... Not a big deal! If gska will just follow Wka rules and let it be an option either 4.50 or 6.00 problem solved!

Gska is a Wka track so go by Wka rules so other racers will want to come race at barnsville!

That's what I'm hoping for.. I have a mountain of 4.5's and wheels, so I'm not concerned about being ready. Just slightly miffed that I bought the wheels that I might not need.. Although if we follow WKA, I guess it'll be a non-issue!
Edward Bush

Score: 366

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: 4 Cycle Sportsman Tire Specifications Reply with quote

I am no WKA gold member, nor a physicist, but logically thinking: the 6.00 tire will have more surface area than a 4.50, therefore I would assume more rolling resistance making this a slower tire rather than a faster tire, albeit by an insignificant amount. Also, by the same thinking, the 6.00 tire with more surface area is going to provide more traction in a corner, again by a seemingly insignificant amount. Following this thought I would assume that the 6.00 tire being slower and safer so I don't understand the theory that the 4.5's are going to slow down our young drivers...,? This whole argument seems insignificant. If WKA indeed approved 6.00 as an option, and GSKA follows WKA..., isn't the solution obvious?
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5701

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward,
That's just incorrect.
Wider tire= more grip in the corner.
More grip in the corner= faster exit speed.
Faster exit speed= higher terminal speed at the end of the straight.
Higher speed at the end of the straight= ...
Bottom line is this: The 6" tire is faster. You're not ever going to make the argument that it's safer. The rolling resistance is a factor, but not as much as you might think.

You guys need to settle down and be patient. One of the biggest reasons for the move to 4.5s was to stay consistent with WKA. If, and when, WKA posts a rule change (again), we'll most likely make a change to the GSKA rule. There won't be a change in our rule until WKA officially makes, and posts via PitBoard, their change.

We worked really hard to get the ruleset out as soon as it could be done to allow our teams time to test and prepare. I promise, I'm just as unhappy as most of you guys about it. You have my word that we'll let you know as soon as we possibly can.

Chuck
Jeff Foust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck! We appreciate yours and all of the board's work!
Robbie Ullah

Score: 2671

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be using. 6.0 rears and 4.5 fronts. No need to change what has worked in the past.
mjohnson

Score: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Ullah wrote:
We will be using. 6.0 rears and 4.5 fronts. No need to change what has worked in the past.

That's what I was thinking !!!!
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5701

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOD hat on...

Through PitBoard, WKA issued a "clarification" for Sportsman tires. In keeping with our desire to be consistant with WKA, we will be making a change to the 4 cycle Sportsman tire and wheel rules.

Look for a post under Announcements from GSKA info.

BOD hat off...

For the record, if you guys can figure out these new GC tire rules, you're smarter than me.
See y'all at the track,
Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: