| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
2014 Class Structure Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xracing36

Score: 1741

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: 2014 Class Structure Discussion Reply with quote

Well, it was slightly mentioned in the suggestion thread, so combining that with some other options I threw together a potential class structure for the upcoming season. Everything that has been modified from 2013 is highlighted, and new classes are completely highlighted.

Basic Outline of Changes:
- Yamaha Rookie Added
- Yamaha Junior, Sportsman, Rookie, and Senior per USPKS weights
- WKA Clone Senior and Clone Senior Medium merged together - big pipe
- Clone Sportsman put to clutch same with other clone classes
- Pro Gas Lite added to class structure
- Junior 1 and Junior 2 merged = weight raised 10 pounds, age raised 2 years, restrictor plate from 2012

Click Here for Google Doc

You can comment on the Google Doc, and/or reply on here any other suggestions. As in the name, none of these are official or approved by the board, but the best way to put a class structure together is one that is approved by the racers.

What do you think?

- Xander
Clint

Score: 1053

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more for wka ages and classes.

The whole point of going down on the plate was to slow them down.

Last edited by Clint on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5555

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Class Structure Discussion Reply with quote

Xracing36 wrote:
Well, it was slightly mentioned in the suggestion thread, so combining that with some other options I threw together a potential class structure for the upcoming season.

What do you think?

- Xander

Guys, this is Xander's post, and in no way reflects any discussion or decisions made by the BOD for next season.

Chuck
Xracing36

Score: 1741

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Chuck said - I have tried to compiled what everyone has put in, and the debate between local vs following WKA is definitely one to be decided. Because our races are oh so close to Gold Cup, I can see the reasoning as well.

I know that Gold Cup runs both Lite and Heavy for most of the classes, but I can't find what the exact weights are for each, and if they will stay the same for 2014. Basing that Animals do not weigh much more than clones, would it be better to find an equilibrium between the Lite and Heavy classes run on raceday, or choose one of the two weight divisions? Also, what were the Jr 1 parents from 2012-2013 thoughts on the restrictor plate change - like it or dislike it?
Clint

Score: 1053

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should stick with wka age groups. 8 to 12 seems to work well. The weights for wka pro gas sportsman for next year are 265 lite and 275 heavy. The plate for the clone worked the way the board wanted. It slowed the Jr.1 class down below the jr.2 and adults. That was what they wanted to accomplish. Not to mention, there is a big difference between a 9 year old and a 14 year old.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46786

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classes discussionss will be a top priority of the new 2014 board. After the board discussions, I would like to then open it up for discussion, then decisions made. c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: