| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
GSKA 2014 - Suggestion Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46943

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander-there has been discussions of combining the two classes. In fact, there was no medium clone class scheduled for the 2013 season, but there was enough interest to include the class.

I believe racers, in general, like larger groups to race with. It allows for more strategic racing, which is more fun for both drivers and spectators as well.

The challenge is to accommodate all racers and still keep it interesting.

I would like to hear from some of the med clone racers about what they think.

How about this: an unlimited run-what-you-brung clone class. No tech. Just bring them and race them..an outlaw class..c
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5592

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
How about this: an unlimited run-what-you-brung clone class. No tech. Just bring them and race them..an outlaw class..c

I don't think there would be enough interest in that to support a regular class, but it might be cool to have it as a special event class once or twice a year. Dawgwood Speedway does this with the dirt guys, and they draw folks from Pennsylvania and beyond.

CN
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck-excellent idea!

In the old days, cubic inches was the only limit. One kart was outboard motor powered with the frame rails acting to carry cooling weather from the rear mounted engine to a front mounted radiator-the driver was surrounded by very hot coolant! c
jjkummer

Score: 878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason we moved Haley up is because of kart count that was until a glitch occured and then they seperated them (which sucked ) only to combine them again the last race. Moving a Jr up to Sr is a hard decision to make due to the fact they slow down by adding so much weight and runnig same motors. In my opinion all adult classes need big pipe !! When I was a kid racing at barnesville we had Rest Jr (Gold Plate) then Stk Lite and Heavy, the adults were at least a couple of tenths faster not slower. The kids actually wanted to ove up and had something to look forward to. Obviously we are racers and will be there no matter the decision but I would like the see Med weight stay the same just add big pipe and open clutch then if wqe want to run heavy also we can add more lead. ( hint 2 entries same driver same kart without alot of change)
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent thread. Please continue the discussion, particularly concerning the Jr racers and what they want and need. Our newly elected
Jr 4 cycle Board of Director Chuck Newman can monitor this discussion and report what we can do.

Here is the list of our newly elected BODs

2014 GSKA Board of Directors

Sec/Treasurer-Bob Barthelemy
Jr. 4 Cycle rep`-Chuck Newman
Sr 4 cycle rep-Doug Austin
Jr. 2 cycle rep-Jeff Sikes
Sr 2 cycle rep-John Wehrheim

What have you done for karting....lately? c
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe Tyler is wanting to move up to Yamaha Sr. next year. Depending on work..
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Also posting below this, I will show what our current drivers' plans are for the upcoming season". Xander quote

Xander-keep your list going. This will be a huge help in planning..c
Daniel White

Score: 6196

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin18 wrote:
I do believe Tyler is wanting to move up to Yamaha Sr. next year. Depending on work..

Yes, how could I have forgotten Tyler? He took a few laps in my kart a few races back. He would be a great addition. I hope he makes the switch.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I could handle a Yamaha...seriously

2strokes are in my blood from my vintage influences..c
Xracing36

Score: 1772

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Mr.Kummer's point, one of the reasons from a couple of other Junior racers that I have heard bugs them is the fact that they will slow down about seven to eight tenths of a second to move into Clone Heavy or Clone Medium. It is partially the want for a Pro Gas class in Juniors, instead of having them move up to what may have been a 4 Cycle Senior division that was faster than Barnesville.

It's definitely something to think about, but the problem with putting a big pipe on the Medium drivers is the fact that it eliminates any opportunity of putting together a mixed option Senior Clone class, that would raise numbers but keep lap times the same.

My question to all Clone Medium drivers - Mr. Sibley, Mr. Beahan, Mr. Austin, and Mr. Schlenke, would you be willing to throw the extra #25 of lead for the next season to move all Senior Clone classes up to Clone Heavy? On 4cycle.com, you can usually find that amount for about 40$ - 50$ shipped to your doorstep, and then take it to Roberts Kart Shop if you need help getting it mounted.

I'd ask the medium drivers first, as from what I could tell a couple of drivers had little to no lead on running in the Clone Heavy division.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: