| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
More reverse racing dates for 2014?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46222

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: More reverse racing dates for 2014? Reply with quote

Seems like most racers really liked running our track in the reverse direction yesterday. Really a different experience from driving the usual counter clockwise direction.

The question is: should we have MORE reverse direction races in 2014? I need to hear opinions.

BTW-as announced, our 2014 GSKA schedule has been developed. Our races have been scheduled so they don't interfere any other races including WKA and AMP schedules. Our 2014 season is planned to start in Mid March, 2014. Many said that the Feb start this year was too cold. Also, the planned schedule is for 14 races, which seemed to to be a popular number of events.

The 2014 schedule will be published as soon as the Board all have a chance to review it, make comments and vote their final approval. c
Xracing36

Score: 1705

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some may complain of it being a bit rougher, but I think that we should run backwards every other race, or at least once every 3 or 4 races. It has definitely produced some of the closest racing that we have seen all season, and it makes the champion have to work hard for his title by practically racing on two different tracks.
Robbie Ullah

Score: 2610

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic was discussed a length after racing yesterday. This is the feed back I received. More reverse racing would be nice. Dave baker had a great idea that should be given close consideration. For 2014 have 3 series in GSKA's 14 or more race season. 1 series would be our normal points series. The second would be a half series running in normal direction and he third series would be half season in reverse direction. The initial idea was to race every other race in reverse. While discussing this option wih racers and parents of racers the only objection that came up was not switching direction every othe race, but instead do multiple races clockwise, then do multiple counter clockwise. So possibly doin the first 4 counter then next 4 clockwise and so on or something to that effect.

Just a thought.
Thanks.
Jeff Foust

Score: 3709

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the reverse racing was great. I know Daniel really had fun with it, everyone seemed to have a good time, and like Xander said, the racing was very competitive. I would love to see more reverse races when it's a little warmer and there's more grip in the track!

Since it was a one-off race, we didn't change our setup from "normal" direction racing, but I'm sure others did. So I can see where folks wouldn't want to go back and forth every other race. Doing them in "batches" would be best, I think..

If we do the mini night series in the summer like it had been discussed, it would be awesome to do a reverse race under the lights too!
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the last race of this season be in reverse since everyone has a setup or at least a good idea of what they have to do.
Jeff Foust

Score: 3709

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin18 wrote:
How about the last race of this season be in reverse since everyone has a setup or at least a good idea of what they have to do.

I mentioned it to Daniel and he'd love to do it again, so put us down as a yes! I'm sure the folks that couldn't make this race would like a shot at it too..

Hmm....Reverse enduro, anyone? Beer
Xracing36

Score: 1705

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be more than happy to go reverse again...not because I did well or anything Laughing

On a serious note, I wouldn't want to make any decisions that may hurt someone's championship hopes. For the series with championships to still be decided (counting that both contenders show up for the final race), we should get a consensus from them to go ahead and run reverse for the finale.

The only divisions that still have a points battle heading into the final race are Clone Senior Medium and Clone Senior Sportsman, and with Doug Austin already wanting to run backwards, we just need to get a yes from Edward White, Dr. Chip, and Michael Sibley.

WKA Clone Sr would be the next closest, but from my calculations after this past race, Matt Kessinger doesn't even have to show up.

As for our other locked up championships:

Kid Kart: Tanner Carter
Kid Clone: Tanner Carter
Clone Junior 1: Dylan Murry (although like I said, needs to win to set the all-time season win record Razz)
Clone Junior 2: Connor Tebbe*
Yamaha Junior: Chris Newman (1st time Champion)
Yamaha Senior: Ruben Tarca
dacarter_16

Score: 760

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We enjoyed the backwards race as well! looks like it would have been a good idea to have more after all.
Clint

Score: 1053

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander, I'm pretty sure that would only be a tie for all time record in wins. 13 of 14.
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5436

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for it as well, but there is one complication: We've got the Clone enduro that day as well.
Can we safely use the oval for pit lane running backwards, or would you guys want to run the enduro in the normal direction?

CN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: