| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Rental light prices for night racing, by week, by month..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Rental light prices for night racing, by week, by month.. Reply with quote

We could have a 2014 Hot August Nit series next summer, and rent the lights for a whole month. We could have one night race a week for 3-4 weeks, plus paid night practice to cover the cost. It would be $600 a light per month. We had 5 lights this year, may need 6. We COULD mount a permanent light on the tower.

We can figure in any up,charges for registration to cover the extra expense. I believe that we can draw more karts to such an event to offset the additional cost.

Be thinking about this..c

We have a day rate (weekend) for $110.00 each, we could offer the month rate at $600 / month each. We look forward to working with you guys, again. We do make special arrangements once a year, meeting you on that Sunday, we are usually closed. Danny enjoys the model cars that your guys ordinarily send him for meeting them on his off day.
Thanks,
Mike

O- 770-227-9122
F- 770-227-6170
www.NickellRental.com
Xracing36

Score: 1936

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea a lot - but I think that if possible, we should keep a separate point tally for the summer series. If we can get together some special trophies for the championship winners of those night race series, that'd be great. It gives the outsiders coming in an extra incentive except to just win a race and leave.
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 36157

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An idea being discussed it to try to get lights back for the track. GA power will donate old poles. Several of us have been searching eBay and craigslist for stadium lights. MAYBE we could get GA Power to set the poles. Steve Roberts has a friend who is an electrician. The rest could be done with volunteer help?

Then we could race at night in the hot months and at day in the cold months with only one series just like "back in the day".