| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Information for Jim Fry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33487

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny,
I call it the fly zone because you can easily have 4 wheels in the air. Brian Spek demonstrated that this past weekend. He was a good 1 ft off the ground. Most are going to back off so they don't fly. It's the big drop off after turn 1. Some of us call it the skateboard ramp Very Happy

Like I said there were a few and one in particular that had way too much Testosterone and if he doesn't calm down either himself or someone else will get hurt. If I was racing in the class or the race director we would have a talk.
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, good points. I've noticed some air there as well, mainly on the quick shifter guys. I get fishy around there but don't think I get toooo much air, .!

Will have to say hi next time you're around!
bspek

Score: 5033

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reverse wings mounted on the underside of the kart to maximize my air time and decrease downforce.

seriously there are lots of places to pass on this circuit and no need to bump anyone in order to get by.

looking forward to the dip-fix so we can avoid more repairs and broken parts!

John Wehrheim wrote:
Danny,
I call it the fly zone because you can easily have 4 wheels in the air. Brian Spek demonstrated that this past weekend. He was a good 1 ft off the ground. Most are going to back off so they don't fly. It's the big drop off after turn 1. Some of us call it the skateboard ramp :D

Like I said there were a few and one in particular that had way too much Testosterone and if he doesn't calm down either himself or someone else will get hurt. If I was racing in the class or the race director we would have a talk.
redefined

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspek wrote:
I have reverse wings mounted on the underside of the kart to maximize my air time and decrease downforce.

Laughing
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28144

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm going to say is there are a lot of places on the track that separates the men from the boys... and that's probably good.

DT
jeff bacon

Score: 15140

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was looking at Brandon's Mychron lap times from AMP. I noticed three "heartbeats" on the graph. There were three times per lap that he went airborne enough to cause 1000 RPM spikes! I would hate to think what that does to engine longevity.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
redefined

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
When I was looking at Brandon's Mychron lap times from AMP. I noticed three "heartbeats" on the graph. There were three times per lap that he went airborne enough to cause 1000 RPM spikes! I would hate to think what that does to engine longevity.

But man is it fun! It adds so much excitement and extra areas for kart control. Track is a ton of fun as long as the flag guys are doing it correctly Smile
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28144

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:

- boy - Laughing
bspek

Score: 5033

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was airborn on Rotax Jr - at least I didn't see it on Cameron's laps.. but cresting a hill helps to lose grip, especially when turning, which spins the rears increases revs. Echo Tebbe's comments, huge fun there.

jeff bacon wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: