| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Yamaha Sr Gearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denis Vashuk

Score: 38

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Sr Gearing Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to karting and the region. I bought my kart a long while ago and didn't have time to get it running. I'm finally putting my kart together though it wont be ready in time for the race this week. I will stop by the track this weekend after work to ask questions.

I don't have a lot of adjustment in my motor mount so I would like to get the chain sized in advance for the few sprockets that I will be able to run.

What kind of gear ratios are you guys running?
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10/83 - 10/85

If you have other questions let us know. If you want bring the kart down in the morning and we can give you guidance on getting the kart ready.

What kart do you have?
What clutch do you have?
Denis Vashuk

Score: 38

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a good way of hauling it yet so I was going to rent a pickup for race weekends for a while.

The kart is a CRG Heron. Its an old 32mm chassis and it was setup to run an ICC motor which I still have. I bought it as a package in MD and the local club required that new drivers start in something other then ICC or Moto. So I bought a Yamaha motor and took off the clutch/shifter and front brakes.

I know nothing about the motor I got but it came with a L&T wet clutch and some pipe that I can't run.

I was making a lot of poor decisions at the time.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denis Vashuk wrote:
I don't have a good way of hauling it yet so I was going to rent a pickup for race weekends for a while.

The kart is a CRG Heron. Its an old 32mm chassis and it was setup to run an ICC motor which I still have. I bought it as a package in MD and the local club required that new drivers start in something other then ICC or Moto. So I bought a Yamaha motor and took off the clutch/shifter and front brakes.

I know nothing about the motor I got but it came with a L&T wet clutch and some pipe that I can't run.

I was making a lot of poor decisions at the time.

Denis,
Don't worry, we all have a lot to learn in this sport at some point, but it is a blast. A 32mm chassis can work fine. Removing the front brakes was a good move. I will be happy to provide guidance along with others at the club.

An L&T Wet Clutch will work fine if its a 2 or 3 disk. You can order an RLV SR-Y header, pipe, Flex and Springs from Jeff Bacon or through several online sites like TS Racing or Comet Kart supplies.

If you come down, I look forward to meeting you. I have a small white trailer and am racing Yamaha Sr. Kart 16
akearney47

Score: 243

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Gearing & Fuel Question and note of Thanks Reply with quote

Thank You, John, for the starter nut replacement. I thought I'd never find one Saturday morning.

Yamaha Jr. Class

Gearing:
We were running a 10/83 last two races. Is that proper or should it be closer to 10/85 or 10/87?

Fuel:
We also learned that everyone is running 108 - 110 octane, we were running 93. She has complained about being under powered could the fuel be the issue or jet setting?

Toney
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5759

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toney,
We're running 10/85. Whats the MyChron say for max RPM's?

Fuel will help some, but it's not going to be huge.

Chuck
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toney,
I sent you a private message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: