| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Barnesville Vintage Kart Winternationals March 14, 15 &
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46787

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special thanks to Bob Barthelemy, Chip Bearing, and the entire GSKA crew for a great vintage event at Barnesville. It was cold on Thursday but it warmed up nicely on Friday and was fabulous on Saturday. The "demonstration events" were very good with quite a bit of close competition. It seemed that everybody had a great time. I sure did.
Dick Charest

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2013 05:44 pm PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Steve Miller

Mana:
dick ., ive been cryin alligator tears since thursday when i found out the other half had to rush out to nevada .. we planed on leaving thursday about 10 am. and at 9am she got the call ..

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2013 06:02 pm PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Gary Wlodarsky

Mana:
Dick.....

yes, thanks to Bob and Chip and the great people at the track,,, prolly one of the BEST events of the year,,,well run, safe and you get to see all your great friends,,,,even after doing this Vintage for the time I have, I still meet many great, friendly, helpful people..

yeah, it was a little chilly in the morn on Thurs but Friday and Sat made up for it.

over 100 entries this year...great turn out,,,great time by all,,,and, no incidents...accident,,,

and a special thanks to Terry Sullivan for bringing the hone and drill we forgot at Jacksonville...

gw

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2013 08:22 pm PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mike Birdsell

Mana:
I would like to thank Bob and Chip and all of the other workers that put on a great race weekend..Nobody can't complain about not getting enough track time..
Had a lot of great races (c open was awesome) I feel pleaded that i had a great weekend and Vicki and i got to see a lot good people.
The evening at Lamar in is was a lot of fun,lot of lies being thrown around and even a little bit of beverages being consumed .
I am ready for next year Lets go racing!!!

Mike & Vicki (crew chief to the star) check out my phone message some time..

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2013 08:29 pm PM Quote Reply
5th Post
John Pagans

Mana:
Came as a fence hanger as Jr. Neil says 5 years ago to watch, instant addiction as I never got to do this as a kid. Won my first race last year but broke in practice thurs. with no backup, still had an awesome weekend with all the friends I've been so fortunite to meet, what a group of people that love to have fun together. If you haven't been there you need to be there next year.

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2013 09:48 pm PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Mark Barrington

Mana:
My first vintage race and it wuz awesome! The last time I was at a race with these type of karts they weren't vintage! ..... and I was 3 years old. Great time hanging out with Dr. Chip. ...... this should be a monthly thing at Barnesville!
MB

Posted: Mon Mar 18th, 2013 01:21 pm PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Rick Gilmore

Mana:
Bob, Chip, the Firehouse Gang, volunteers, and GSKA all do a good job at Barnesville. If you love vintage karts and have never been, you should put it on your bucket list.

Posted: Mon Mar 18th, 2013 06:13 pm PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Gary Wlodarsky

Mana:
Rick....ditto,,,,,,,absolutely...BarnesVille is the one NOT TO MISS....

gw

Posted: Mon Mar 18th, 2013 08:20 pm PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Chip Bering

Mana:
Thanks to all of you racers and crew who drove MANY miles through sleet and snow to get here and participate! You all maker worth the effort! c

Posted: Tue Mar 19th, 2013 12:38 am PM Quote Reply
10th Post
David Luciani
Administrator

Mana:
thanx Chip and Bob,
was a great event.
well organized and run.

had a blast.

D

Posted: Tue Mar 19th, 2013 09:58 am PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Bill Johnson

Mana:
I heard there was a bad storm that went through the track Monday evening and tore down a lot of trees, trees on the new concession stand and also the cows are out. Anyone have news on this?

Current time is 10:51 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > Karting Info > Barnesville - Post Event Comments Top
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46787

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:59 AM
To: Bob Barthelemy
Subject: Barnesville 2013

Hello Bob,

Congratulations on one of the best run VKA events I have been to. You had the best announcer ever and to top that off you had the Very BEST Flag Man of any VKA event I have ever been to. Please tell them both how impressed I was. Moving the start line closer to the first turn was really smart and the cone that gave you a distinct acceleration point was great. NASCAR does it that way.

Thank you for setting the standard with JESUS at the for front. It is a pleasure to be part of what you are doing there. My parking place worked perfect and I want it again next year, please! Thanks again.

Lake Speed

Kannapolis, NC

NOTE:
20 year NASCAR driver
NASCAR winner at Darlington
2 time world karting champ cb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: