| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #14 Registration
2014-11-01 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
CMP this past weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Coy

Score: 261

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciated the race report.
Its karting so its all good...!!!
Skylar59

Score: 1106

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinFrench wrote:
CMP was a lot of fun this weekend, but their local turnout has really been down for some reason. That track is fantastic and I love the slight changes they make to it for each race. This weekend's layout was the fastest configuration I've run there, which I loved.

Hopefully, the crowds will return soon. We had 6 in Masters and 1 senior also running with us. Last season we seemed to have about 8-10 every week. With their recent announcement of cash payout for season champions (thanks to Powerade), you would think the numbers would improve quickly.

How much are the payouts?
jeff bacon

Score: 15258

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylar says:

"Show me the money!"
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Patrick French

Score: 3170

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylar, this was the note from CMP last weekend describing the payouts.

The top three finishers in the overall championship for Micro Max, Mini Max, Junior Max, Senior Max & Rotax Masters will be awarded the following amounts: 1st Place $750.00, 2nd Place $250.00 and 3rd Place $100.00. The other class that will receive some price money will be Senior Clone. Only the Championship winner in Senior Clone will receive prize money. The winner will receive $500.00.
CRG, Rotax #08
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47555

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT...you missed THE event of the year: cb winning the novice clone, my first win since Oct 2009! Thanks to a RAZOR chassis with great set up-the (old) dude is BACK!

How can we attract the racers that ran CMP last weekend back to Barnesville? A combined series with them? Maybe a combined series with CMP, Jax and Barnesville for next year by coordinating schedules (I believe we tried that but we can try again)?

A Rotax money race?

We need butts-in-seats at Barnesville-BISAB! (My makrketing slogan for the decade!). c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sr Can Rematch, Barnesville, May 21..Bring out yer KT... Reply with quote

[quote="bspek"]Sr Can rematch at Barnesville in 2 wks...
Bill 11, Brian 17. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTitV2xFXeE
Less than 2 sec difference at the end...Now I have to clean off Bill's tire marks from my kart Smile

Do I need to put up some personal money to make it interesting?? Maybe $25 per kart entered to the winner, minimum 2 karts=$50 to win minimum?? More karts, more winner's money!

talk stops when the rubber hits the road......c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenges are important to many racers: a different track, a different track configuration, etc.

That helps prevent racer drop out as happens in so many other sports.

I have been a SCUBA diver off and on since age 15, returning every few decades! Now the sport is generating challenges by adding under water photography, etc to keep participants from being bored and to keep participation up.

Could we reconfig Barnesville to include the oveal? enter the oval after the S turn, re-enter with a very sharp left onto the straight just before the scoring tower?

Some have complained tht running the track backwards, CW was too ruff on man and machine. This would allow us to run CCW but with a (possible) interesting change up.

Does CMP alter the course slightly at each event?

Just thinkin'...c
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most every other track changes the configuration all the time. at Ocala Gran Prix, during a series, you rarely see the same configuration twice. CMP changes it for every race now. I've always wondered why B'ville didn't. adding the oval and having to come out of it with the VERY slow tight corner going either way would be challenging and we might even have to come out for something like that!
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will work on "challenges" at B'Ville-suggestions accepted! c
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip,
Personally, I am just struggling to get track time right now, balancing work and family commitments with my racing. So, if I only get to race 7 or 8 times this year, I want to make sure I am getting good variety, good competition AND even competition.

Also, I bought a Rotax to race against other Rotax karts and unfortunately, GSKA no longer offers this class. When our group of Rotax Masters showed up and raced against the Tags earlier this year, there was a significant performance differential, given the weight, tire and engine differences. That was disappointing.

I like running Barnesville, when there are other Rotax drivers to race against. The club members are among the best anywhere and I hope things work out to where I can race there some more this season.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kosmic Mercury #602
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: