| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
chassis questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSGHopkins

Score: 289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: chassis questions Reply with quote

OK so a few questions for you all that are much more knowledgable than I am. Will the same chassis work for clone and Rotax? We want to get into karting but I dont think they do the clone racing in Italy (where I will be getting stationed for three years). So if we want to get into it here(which I would rather do so that I can get help from people that I can actually understand, although you Georgia people can have a DEEP draw lol) then I need to know what chassis to get. now if they race clone in Italy and Europe then no issues but from what I see its mostly Rotax and shifters over there. Thanks for all the help so far and I look to race with you all soon.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to find 2 cycle chassis which can accommodate 4 cycle engine, but you are not going to be competitive. Even Arrow and Birel 2-cycle-like chassis but made for 4 cycle engines are not as good as Razor, Coyote, etc. (sorry, I know know many 4 cycle brands).
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33468

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years is a long time in karting. Chassis changes, motor changes, popular classes change etc. The best thing you can do is buy what you want now, sell it when you move to Italy and buy a package for what is popular in Italy in 3 years.

Where will you be stationed in Italy and what are the local tracks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: