| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Ionic Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46930

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apreciate the idea and offer. I have talked to Bob B.

I just need to find out if I can turn decent laps in any kart, or if I should stick to vintage karts and help promote the GSKA.

I may just have to face the reality, that even after all these years: I'M SLOW!

stay tuned. c
Luttrell Racing

Score: 1444

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
Well I don't care what brand chassis anyone runs.... The guys that run in the front are in the front because of the practice and dedication to the sport. The key thing is getting laps. I bet you can put some of the front running guys on any chassis old or new and they will be top runners.

There isn't one chassis out there that will put you in the front without practice.
Find a chassis manufacture you are comfortable with and spend a couple days a week at the track until are comfortable with the track/chassis.

How many people do you know that have come to the track and ran in the front their first time out in a kart? I don't know of anyone...

Don't be so down on ur self I'm sure you are a great driver but you are racing among some of the best racers in the U.S.

DrChip wrote:
I apreciate the idea and offer. I have talked to Bob B.

I just need to find out if I can turn decent laps in any kart, or if I should stick to vintage karts and help promote the GSKA.

I may just have to face the reality, that even after all these years: I'M SLOW!

stay tuned. c

https://www.facebook.com/IonicEdgeChassis
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46930

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle-I am not down on myself-just realistic!

I agree and tell people you can put Dicky Wilson on Steve Roberts on any kart, give them a few laps, and they will be FAST!

I have been racing karts since 1958, have won some, been a good 2nd and third placer MANY times

I do not expect to win all the time, or ever! Just want to be competitive. A new chassis properly set up with good tires with practice MAY get me there.

I have been kinna of a slacker about prep and it shows. I have too many karts that I have messed around on too many tracks: I want to dedicate a season to Barnesville racing and see what I can do-will see!

"NO ONE goes to the track to finish second!" c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: