| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
rotax new radiator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie#89

Score: 8853

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr towles, i'm not racing anything, so 'I' can't drop in line anywhere.
mr lohman, i'm really sorry i've irritated u so bad.
guys, i'm just taking my kid racing. he loves it and is 12 years old.
he is learning (as are all these kids), and i'm very, very sorry for any mistakes he makes on track. he makes many, many mistakes, and is learning tons. i am currently getting very good advise on angus' driving and development, and i hope to see him continue to progress. but i'm sorry it's not as quickly as u both would like. i'm guessing both ur sons are 13, 14 or maybe even older.
i've been taking angus racing for 9 years now. i also have a 16 year old son who i used to take racing before angus (he lost interest tho). before that, i raced motocross and before that i raced road bicycles most of my life competing in the olympic trials for about 10 years in a row.
i understand racing gets heated.
i'm sorry that angus and cory crashed together last week. i'm sure each of them could have avoided it, but neither did. none of us know, tho, cause we were standing at the side. and i'm sure the story mr towles got afterwards was different than the view i got afterwards.
guys, i'm not looking to make enemies. when we go racing, we're having a great time, and i don't want bad feelings with some dad affecting any of this and i sure don't want angus seeing me or any adults acting not acting well.
tony kanaan said it best when he said dads should stay in the grandstands and not in the pits Smile
if any driver has a problem with angus' driving from now on, after the race the driver should talk to angus about it. both will probably learn from each other. angus is not combative and is pretty laid back most of the time. i've seen him apologize when he was wrong. he accidently hit a teammate a couple of months ago and was totally wrong and apologize for it. he didn't mean to, but he was still at fault.
Brian Lohman

Score: 858

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sweat ritchie. all's fair in love and war. don't forget to read my reply to your pm you sent me earlier.

see you soon,
brian
SSGHopkins

Score: 289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont race karts, yet, but I am heavy into Motocross. Its crazy how arugments (and fights sometimes) start from the kids on the tracks...but its not the kids doing the fighting, its the parents. I bet if you ask the kids in most cases they will tell you "Dad, its just racing". I know when I was an up and comer in the MX world thats what I use to tell my father when some one would stuff me in a corner or block pass me. Remember....its just racing.
richie#89

Score: 8853

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey SSGH, welcome to karting! it's a whole lot safer than MX. my son switched over about 4 years ago and hasn't looked back. medical bills have dropped substantially Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: