| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
rotax new radiator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Lohman

Score: 858

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah, blah, blah. yea, we'll be at monticello next month, and don't forget what you told me, "no penalty, no foul". keep on drinking your kool-aid, because not many others are Laughing
richie#89

Score: 8851

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck to your son in monticello next month! i hope he does really well and has alot of fun. great track.
KirkTowles

Score: 133

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian your info is right on the money! The restart was the same as the first except this time Agnus didn't drop in line behind Corey, He made a hard right into Corey's left rear side pod (rubbed the numbers off the pod and bent the left rear rim) wheel hopping him into the air 180 and into the barriers (bending the axle, steering column, spindle, tie rods and chassi). Thankfully Corey didn't get hurt. We have run 3 FKCS weekends, and a total of 9 classes with this the only incident.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. BTW, the new radiators are really pretty, may be worth at least a half second. Wink
richie#89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk, i'm also glad neither got hurt. but that's not what happened.
but i have a question. how do you 'drop in line' in the first turn, when you are on the front row, behind someone in the 3rd row? and of course, why should you 'drop in line'. why didn't cory 'drop in line' behind angus? because it's racing.
angus got run into from behind, but of course it's angus' fault. it always seems to be angus' fault.
it was just racing. i really thought you guys were better than this. i'm not crying because it's just racing. angus and cory wanted the same space and neither wanted to give. that's how it is. i'm sure it was the same situation when dylan got hurt. and i'm glad to hear he's going to be okay.
would you have wanted cory to let off and check up? he could have and avoided contact. angus was in front of him and his left front contacted angus' right rear. i have the marks on angus' kart, and cory's kart then came over, from behind, and pushed angus' radiator forward. didn't break anything, except bent the hangar FORWARD. that couldn't have happened the way you described it.
angus was holding his outside line all the way through the corner.
did you want angus to slow down and wave cory by? i don't get it.
richie#89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i can't believe that i comment on a new rotax part and that leads to me defending angus when angus was run into from behind. geez Rolling Eyes
KirkTowles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok look at the first start Richie, You drop in line.... Wait I new this would be a waste of my time

Good luck with the new radiator Wink
Brian Lohman

Score: 858

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason this thread was hijacked was because you said you needed a new style radiator just because, not for the supposed real reason of crash damage.

btw, i posted some kart pics in the gallery under taylor11 since you said on ekarting news last month you had no idea who brian lohman was, that way you'll know who we are if you decide to come down to monticello for the fkcs race next month.

I know a few people would be looking forward to it.
RKS

Score: 803

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free 2 cycle oil.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/11025535/the-joys-of-karting
KirkTowles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, loved that video, Doug Fleming posted that on EKN but it was removed Rolling Eyes Doug has ALLWAYS been spot on! "Send the Rambos home"
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post by Tom Shahan on EKN:

Quote:

Let me start out by saying I hope Dylan recovers quickly and has the desire to get back into kart racing after having such a bad wreck.

I don't know Dylan or his parents, but as a parent who has had a son involed in kart racing for 12 years or so, safety has always been our top priority.

This is a dangerous sport, I have never denied that and never tried to sugar coat it to my son. In this sport stuff happens and it happens fast. Some things that happen can not be avoided, BUT a lot of it can if everyone uses their head. I have always told my son the most important thing for me, is at the end of the day him & I are sitting in the seat of my truck heading home together. If he has a piece of hardware to take home, GREAT, if not and we are riding home together then it has still been a good day racing.

A lot of todays drivers are under a lot of pressure to perform at a high level, some comes from parents, some from sponsors, some from team owners and some from within themselves. At some point we need to sit back and remember why we got into go kart racing in the first place. For most I doubt it was because you thought you had the next Jeff Gordon playing in you family room, it was because you like racing, you love being involved with your kids and this is something you can do together.

It is easy to point fingers and say that a series and the governing body needs to do more to stop aggressive driving, in my opinion this needs to start at home with the parents. This is something that should be instilled in kids from the beginning. A governing body can only do so much, when you have 20-25 drivers with varying degrees of experience heading into a turn sometimes bad things are going to happen.

I know the governing body of the FKCS has you and your kids best interest at heart, they make decisions based on what they feel is best for everyone involved. They put in countless hours of their time into trying to make this the best race series it can be, they take every comment and suggestion from it's members into consideration, they are pro-active in coming up with solutions to problems.

The FKCS has an election for officers every year, if anybody has ALL THE ANSWERS on how to control aggressive driving maybe you should throw your hat in the ring and enlighten us all.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: