| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #4 Registration
2014-05-03 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Chassis Selection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BSHMS

Score: 787

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Chassis Selection Reply with quote

As a Newbie to Karting we are trying to create lists of items that will help others like us starting into the sport. A huge problem is selection of the proper chassis for a road course. We understand that an off-set chassis is typically for dirt. Is there a list of chassis or someplace to gather a list of straight road course chassis? When looking to purchase from other forums or to speak with some understanding to a Kart Shop about a chassis, you don't know if it is designed for dirt or pavement. Anyone with a good list? Thanks.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28349

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 cycle
Birel, CRG - Rick Sweeting (atlantakarting.com)
Arrow, Extreme - Jeff Bacon (georgia-karting.com)
Sodi - Alan Parris

4 cycle
Razor - RKS (robertskartshop.com)
Maverick - Rick Sweeting (atlantakarting.com)

all local shops. you can contact them here or via their web sites
BSHMS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means support needs to go to the Kart shops, but the expense of a new chassis vs. an older version exceeds most budgets for getting into racing. For new racers running in the clone class, as I understand it's creation, was to keep costs down with an older chassis and a clone motor. Over time and experience, we would move into better equipment etc.

First year racers will do as we do and search the various forums, ebay etc. and see various older chassis for sale. This is where we need the experienced racers assistance.

What about a PRC chassis, UltraMax, Bandit, Coyote, easy kart, first kart, Falcon, Gator Moto, Invader, Intrepid, cosmic, laser, Margay, Nemesis, Phantom, Tony Kart, Ultra Max, Arrow, Bandit, etc. This is a short list we have made of used Karts for sale but we know nothing about. This is only a partial list.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28349

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chassis you can look at in person, no matter what brand, is better than something from ebay or far from here. You have to support local racers also who want to go newer chassis and sell his old one locally.
For first karting experience in clone class chassis brand doesn't matter, any non-bent one will work just fine.
Barry Copeland

Score: 865

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSHMS, PRC Chassis (Phantom Racing Chassis), Nemesis is a PRC, Phenom is a PRC, Ultramax also builds several different chassis, Falcon is a chassis that is built local in north GA. All of the above are off set chassis that are run on dirt, asphalt ovels. However there are several of the above chassis that are run in the clone class. The set up on an off set chassis is different than a straight rail. Check with the local kart shops some time they will have used chassis there for sale or they know someone that has one for sale. Like Ihor said it is best to try and see the chassis with your own eyes.
Doug Austin
Senior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 4514

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, glad your back.. do you have any used tires for sale
Michael Jackson

Score: 5330

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing most replies failed to mention was most 2 cycle chassis have a bar behind the seat that gets in the way of the axle sprocket. The Clone engine drives from the inside of the frame and most all 2 strokes drive on the outside of the frame. It limits the size of the driven sprocket and gear ratio.
Barry Copeland

Score: 865

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but I've got some that I'll give you! How about that deal.
BSHMS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very good responses and give people like me direction. As for the club, I think we should have something to hand out to help new people to Karting in each class. I am working on a list of items from everyones responses, it would be good to have a small group help put it together. I for one as a newbie offer my time and inexperience to put this together at least for the clone class.
Mark
BSHMS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: PARTS/EQUIPMENT LIST Reply with quote

Now that we have the chassis put together, lets post some ideas on what needs to be purchased to go racing.

I am compiling two lists, a basic list for a newbie to make sure they have everything to take to the track and a RACERS list of items if they want to spend more money.

The RACERS list would include a spare parts list to replace at the track.

The basic list would include quick fix items and necessary items in the toolbox/trailer.

I will use this information for myself and for the newbie info packet I am putting together based on my learning!

THANK YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: