| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Flooding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Flooding Reply with quote

I hope everyone is safe and does not have much damage with all the rain and flooding. I have lived in Atlanta now for 14 years and have never seen this much rain.
Daniel White

Score: 6027

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mild catastrophe here, John. Basement flooded--no surprise there--but we have a renter down there, so I've been working my tail off since I left work early yesterday. Pulled the carpet and the pad (new in December) then the rain really started coming in, so I had to abandon that project while Angela and I wildly scrambled to minimize the water that was coming in. I shop-vac'ed until 9:30, and managed to get all the carpet up and to the street, and the floors dry.

Today I've been removing the tack strip (we're thinking of tiling or staining the concrete floor) and cleaning the floor with water and bleach. I haven't been this sore for quite a while.

The good news is that my wife actually said the following: "I'm done with this house. Time to get a new one--with a garage and master suite."

All my troubles are over!
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel,
Sorry to hear, but glad to hear that your wish came true. I know several other karters that have had flooding in their basements.
Ryan Curtin

Score: 2286

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel White wrote:
A mild catastrophe here, John. Basement flooded--no surprise there--but we have a renter down there, so I've been working my tail off since I left work early yesterday. Pulled the carpet and the pad (new in December) then the rain really started coming in, so I had to abandon that project while Angela and I wildly scrambled to minimize the water that was coming in. I shop-vac'ed until 9:30, and managed to get all the carpet up and to the street, and the floors dry.

I hope your kart wasn't damaged!

I wandered down to my "basement" to discover that taking the kart apart and putting the pieces on the floor may not have been the best idea in the world. After cleaning a little bodywork everything is fine though. Perhaps it's time for a new paint job...

I think I'm lucky being downtown though, I hear it's a lot worse further north.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel White

Score: 6027

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kart is A-OK. I completely disassembled it after Bakers Creek, and have been cleaning (and sometimes replacing) every nut and bolt. The wife bought me a new exhaust mount and one rear axle bearing. All I need (want) is a clutch, motor mount, and rear bumper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: