| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
KEVIN FRENCH KICKED &%^!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowautoxr

Score: 230

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Masters final race was no doubt fun to watch - even if a BCKC member didn't win Wink From the pit straight, that was an amazing pass for the lead Sparks from underneath a kart are always exciting.

A couple of question about this race:
1. for the final, what was wrong with starts number 2 and 3? The starter obviously didn't like them and was pretty mad after attempt number 3. From the sidelines I thought they looked excellent.
2. what happened to the pole sitter (sorry I don't know the name) who was leading the race? He was leading by a fair bit when he had some kind of problem and pulled off the track.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowautoxr wrote:
The Masters final race was no doubt fun to watch - even if a BCKC member didn't win Wink From the pit straight, that was an amazing pass for the lead Sparks from underneath a kart are always exciting.

A couple of question about this race:
1. for the final, what was wrong with starts number 2 and 3? The starter obviously didn't like them and was pretty mad after attempt number 3. From the sidelines I thought they looked excellent.
2. what happened to the pole sitter (sorry I don't know the name) who was leading the race? He was leading by a fair bit when he had some kind of problem and pulled off the track.

Charles- On the first question, Shane the regular GSKA flagman has not had the experience of flagging big classes and was just off a bit, I believe he learned a ton after Saturday night though. as for the second question, Brent Harper ran over something that cut his rear tire, so he had to pull in.
Daniel White

Score: 6302

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this was what the starter may have noticed, but there was a great deal of confusion at the back and, as a result, we looked very ragged and disorganized back there.

One of the drivers did not grid for the final. This causes everyone behind that driver to move up. Since we decided to grid in a straight line (and not in two rows), it was pretty clear that the drivers in the last three rows didn't know if they were to line up on the left or on the right. Consequently, we looked pretty silly at the back--with a big gap on the outside.

To add to the confusion, a few of the drivers at the front of the grid had already made a complete lap of the oval before the last two rows had even made it to the entry of the Monza for the first time--then Kevin French (P4) wisely stopped and motioned the last five of us to go. By the time we were to form rows, he was still in the back trying to zig-zag his way to his rightful spot. I don't know how the ones behind him managed to sort themselves out, but it was a cluster@#$% from the get-go.
wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane was upset because the field kept accellerating to the point of racing before he could drop the flag. Either of the starts could have been okay in my opinion. Leader was setting the pace. Maybe Ihor has some pics Smile
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29485

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have video of all rotax classes except Master's final Sad

Last edited by Ihor Bilyy on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Stump

Score: 1545

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too far back to see all the action .... but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy !

Way to go Kevin !!
Chuck McCue
Banned User

Score: 5102

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent Harper wrote:
Chuck,
So are you saying that any top level racer can go to a National and win on a poor handling chassis?? I have'nt seen that happen in a loooonnng time..

No, I'm saying a good racer can and does win on just about any properly setup chassis. Some chassis are easier to set up but the organic ballast makes the most difference.
Do you think the Speeds win so much due to chassis color?
Chuck McCue
Banned User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:

Are you saying Emmick and ALL the karts Jeff drove (coyote,margay,Hasse,Jaguar....etc) are not good chassis and these two guys made the difference?

I never said above chassis "are not good chassis". I am saying the guys driving the karts made the difference not the chassis. My point is guys that can drive like Jewel, Speed, Hand,etc. will make most any chassis work. Could they do better in a premium chassis, you bet!
I'll still take a talented/experienced driver in base chassis over a less experienced driver in a big buck chassis any day. I'll also take a good racer over a good driver any day....that's another post

Last edited by Chuck McCue on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck McCue
Banned User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amax20 wrote:

must have been a red one cause only red gokarts are fast. Very Happy

Aren't Caboose's red?

Laughing
Chuck McCue
Banned User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:

Thank you. Yes, it is possible. We pay attention to the start procedure, both play by the rules and being fast.

[img]http://georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6024[/img]

[img]http://georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6028[/img]

[img]http://georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6031[/img]

[img]http://georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6034[/img]

--------------------------------

We also have video footage from outside (thanks to my daughter Julia) and helmetcam and I'll start making video of all races so it can be used things some people don't see.

That looked like a great start. P2 to P1 before turn 1, great driving!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: