| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
20 Clones Already Registered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28138

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Copeland wrote:
Darrin and Mike why don't you look at busting up the clone class to two races and put them apart and maybe some of the med racers would add some weight and run heavy.

I think if we saw 15+ clones every week we would consider splitting them up.

DT
jjkummer

Score: 878

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that is something I would like to see happen (splitting up the classes) for more seat time
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for you guys that want to split classes.

Who are you going to add and remove l35lbs of ead between races. Shocked
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much agree with what Darrin is saying , just another suggestion would be to condense classes . I have a Tag , but I have no problem in not running every week , maybe a TaG medium/ 2 stroke (yamaha) adult class could be implemented as 1 offered class along with running it every other race weekend. Having said this , if other classes are streamlined then maybe for club races we could re-implement the old style racing with running 3 heats ( 2 short heats and a feature with points awarded in all 3 races , more for the feature) and that would get more racing in for the clone and jr racers .

I sure do not agree with spliting the clones up into different segments , I thought the main purpose of clone racing was to have a full field that everyone would have somebody to race with ? I think the track will safely hold at least 30 karts in a race and untill that time I see no advantage to splitting classes.

I think that in order to move ahead and promote the club then we need to get rid of the dead wood classes and if TaG is one of them , then I feel it is best for the club to drop or at least put it on probation to see if we want to even offer this class next year .

again this is just my opinion
steve
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 33950

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevebushell wrote:

I sure do not agree with spliting the clones up into different segments , I thought the main purpose of clone racing was to have a full field that everyone would have somebody to race with ? I think the track will safely hold at least 30 karts in a race and untill that time I see no advantage to splitting classes.

again this is just my opinion
steve

My thoughts exactly.
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
If club will shut down national classes, it will close the door for new kids to grow above local racing level. And for what? For bunch of adults to have fun racing in big classes?
Barnesville track is ideal for clone, but it is the only track in GA...

Barnesville is a track that will teach you how to race anywhere. If you learn how to pass and go fast here when you get to the high speed non technical tracks that everybody is in love with now you will be even faster.
John likes the clone for the shear numbers and there are alot of people like that. I like the faster stuff, even if there are less people. The yamaha for the money is still the way to go. Open tires, clutch and carb you can tune. I might end back up on one yet. Would hate to see the club do away with options to race just because at this time the clone is the big ticket. Tag/yamaha might not have the numbers but it should still be offered. With the way the prices on the rotax and tag are right now and the economy for a 2-stroke racer the yamaha is looking mighty sweet. two full set ups for the price of one tag or rotax. Plus they give more of a kick when you drive. stock yamaha 695.00.

Just me thinking out loud.
Very Happy
Allen
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, that is part of the reason I like Clone, but at my age, I do not want to beat myself up on a Tag and Rotax on a small track like Barnesville. If we had a big track, I would consider the faster class.

I too would love to see Yamaha come back, great class. I would still prefer HPV. Very good speed, very low maintenance.
shiftersteve

Score: 1917

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do NOT split up the clones until it grows to the point where safety becomes the primary concern. We race all around the SE and from my observations, the clone class at B'Ville hosts the biggest fields of any sprint class from North FL to AL - and thats a pretty cool distinction IMO. When the clone class grows to where it needs to be split, maybe "expert" and "novice" class might something to consider instead of light and heavy.

As a side note...I liked the frequent announcements of keeping tabs on what class was up next. Made it easer to judge how much time you had left to work on your stuff between sessions. Good times yesterday. Thanks. SF
CN85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just picked up a race ready clone because I hear there are 10-15 or even 20 karts at Barnesville. The most fun I ever had racing was when I was 10 and they just came out with the honda class in quarter midgets. I race sprint cars now and can race it anywhere against 10-12 cars. I picked this kart up for 2010 to have some fun with 20 other people that enjoy racing and playing cat and mouse with equal motors. Keep the class large. Been in motorsports for 18 years of the 26 I've been on this earth and low car count is no fun. Barnesville could 24-28 kart fields
richie#89

Score: 8851

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Connor would be learning much more by racing in Clone Jr1 or Yamaha Jr, just because there are more kids running there."

darrin, i couldn't disagree any more. if you want connor running nationally, running clone at home isn't the way to improve. if you want him to improve, put him in a mini running with angus and michael. it doesn't take a huge field, just other fast local kids pushing each other. we sure are happy we get to run with michael at home, and even as it's just the 2 of them, they push each other and improve. if michael would have spent last year in a clone, he probably would have been at the back at FWT instead of top ten!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: