| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
20 Clones Already Registered
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim

Score: 33906

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: 20 Clones Already Registered Reply with quote

Wow, This race will be Sick. Lets just make sure we respect each other this weekend. This is new for most everyone. If it goes off well, I am sure the Board will do it more, but if over drive and take each other out, no one will be happy.

I know I am looking forward to racing on Saturday.!!
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Austin

Score: 5988

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck you all have enough to have a heavy race..aside from medium ..Dickey will have to run his j,ville muffler to make it even..I'm off tomorrow and will be at the track in the morning cleaning up if someone else wants to come down..I've got mower ,weed eater ,and blower..If not thats ok ,I figured with the rain we've had it's probrably grown up..
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35726

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 out of 41 pre-entries are clones.

Lets change our name from the GSKA to GCKA.
Georgia Clone Karting Association. Laughing

Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened a long time ago... If you want at least two rows on the grid, of the same class, you have to run clone.

Mike Pugh wrote:
32 out of 41 pre-entries are clones.

Lets change our name from the GSKA to GCKA.
Georgia Clone Karting Association. Laughing

John Wehrheim

Score: 33906

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I could have bought a Rotax or a Tag, but why spend 5 - 10 times the dollars when I can have as much fun if not more in a Clone.

To me it is not the speed, it is the competition that is a blast. If we had a track like Monticellio, then maybe I would change my mind.
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 28924

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple fact of the matter is we have too many classes for a club our size. If we ever want to have good grid sizes we need to pair down the class options. It's a tough concept, because people already have equipment to run the respective classes. I think the club would be best served to have the clone ladder, yamaha ladder, tag and shifter. In the long haul it may reduce numbers slightly, but long-term the classes would end up larger.

DT
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29428

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If club will shut down national classes, it will close the door for new kids to grow above local racing level. And for what? For bunch of adults to have fun racing in big classes?
Barnesville track is ideal for clone, but it is the only track in GA...
Barry Copeland

Score: 883

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over $4000.00 tied up in animals and flat heads and the only place to run them are at the dirt tracks but there you can't afford the tires and chemicals. So we'll run the clones till they die. Darrin and Mike why don't you look at busting up the clone class to two races and put them apart and maybe some of the med racers would add some weight and run heavy.

Last edited by Barry Copeland on Fri May 29, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 28924

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
If club will shut down national classes, it will close the door for new kids to grow above local racing level. And for what? For bunch of adults to have fun racing in big classes?
Barnesville track is ideal for clone, but it is the only track in GA...

We have found out the hard way that running national classes locally with 2 or 3 other kids really does no good as far as learning racecraft. It does no good to have 4 national classes for 8-12 year olds with 2 kids in each class. And this is coming from a guy that owns 2 animal engines, 3 Comer K80s, and a Rotax. Connor would be learning much more by racing in Clone Jr1 or Yamaha Jr, just because there are more kids running there. We had 4 or 5 every race last year in cadet, and I was hoping that would continue this year, but it hasn't.

The Yamaha classes are offered in WKA Man Cup, and for the 4 stroke guys you can pretty much just bolt an Animal on your clone setup and go Gold Cup racing.

And looking at it strictly as the club Treasurer, fact of the matter is that without the clone racers this year we probably would not have any money in the bank. It's the only large group of racers the club can depend on week in and week out.

I think the Rmax weekends are fine, but the fact is outside those weekends we don't have many Rotax guys show up. The adults fit nicely into the tag class for the non-rmax weekends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: