| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
SERSS #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, not rotax related but one really cool thing from yesterday, Ole Mr. Wilson racing 50 pounds over weight working his way to the pole in the main and than leading the better portion of the race only to finish second. You want to talk about some really good racing that cat is incredible. I dont say that just because he is a friend but it is really cool to watch that level of a racer.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Dicky go down to race Clone? Did anyone else race in Clone?
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was some great racing and angus had a blast. the track is really cool with all the banking. very high speed. angus was on pole about all day, and the down side to that was he didn't have to learn to use the draft like i hoped he would down that huge straight. they have a big cadet class, and we will probably go back and run cadet there to work on the draft. i didn't get to see the seniors, but the masters put on a great race. the minimax was good racing, too, and as much drama as a soap opera. i'm just waiting for dale to post once he gets back from disney, 'cause i bet i'll be in trouble Embarassed

and 2 questions for amax -
1. did you pay off your gambling debts?
2. is connor's amateur status in jeopardy now?

FYI - i won a bet with rick and yes, rick promptly pays his debts.
wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Rick and Carl for putting this travelling series together. I had a great time and it was great to have so many attend. I can't wait for Monte.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28560

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
Did Dicky go down to race Clone? Did anyone else race in Clone?

Yes Dicky went down. Rumor has it some well-meaning local clone racer came up to dicky before he went out and told him his rear tires were way too wide and he needed smaller, harder tires to be fast. Surprised

Just a rumor...

DT
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29238

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
that was some great racing and angus had a blast. the track is really cool with all the banking. very high speed. angus was on pole about all day

The only time Angus was behind Michael (in heat 1) he pushed him off in banked turn after long straight. The rest of positioning was based on fact that he wrecked everybody except Connor and with help of corner worker went back to finish second. I don't remember legit passing from him, ah one after he lost first position to Connor in feature race (10 bucks pass).

Quote:
, and the down side to that was he didn't have to learn to use the draft like i hoped he would down that huge straight.

If he would be more patient and play with others on track as he plays outside the track between racing, he may enjoy all kinds of new on track activities he'll need in the future.

Next time his racing will cost me money, he will be racing alone or I will be sending receipts your way. I'm not kidding, it also changed our setup. Shockwave axle I bought from Carl (thanks) is different stiffness than Arrow (looks similar) and we were fighting loose condition until final race in Ocala today.
You need to race with people who can buy new chassis every week. If Michael would have got a bent chassis, we are screwed for the rest of the year.

On a positive for us note, we still manage to show the best lap time with tires which were used before SERSS #2 in Barnesville and then Decatur on the same old engine we started 2 years ago.
ammo
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHEW!!!
I would like to personally thank all who attended the event in Jacksonville, I hope everyone had fun, inspite of a couple of on track issues. On a really great note, SERSS was invited back anytime we want to come.
This was due to the effort of all you Rotax racers, I received nothing but awsome remarks about the Georgia racers.
The guys from Ocala asked us what it would take to get a race at their track, word had already gotten to them about the turn out and quality of the racing.
Thanks again guys, and congratulations to Jim Hanson or Brad Bacon for winning the fuel, Jeff was not sure whose ticket it was that was drawn.
RS
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:

Yeah, but I was not happy about it Laughing
Glad Angus made the trip and did a great job.
RS
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
and 2 questions for amax -
1. did you pay off your gambling debts?
2. is connor's amateur status in jeopardy now?

paid him or should i say he took it before we even got back to the pits. Very Happy I was just glad to see he had to take a yellow for a change on the start. I know Ihor doesnt like that kind of start, but i am old school and love the jump or try to jump on the start. That was some pretty good racing.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihor, angus didn't wreck everybody. angus dove under jesse and they touched and both spun. that is an issue with me and dale and i believe we are fine as it was racing. the fact that all the other karts couldn't control their kart and plowed into them wasn't angus' or jesse's fault. the 2 karts were not blocking the track as each spun off to separate sides with angus actually off the track into the grass. i can guarantee you this - if it would have been angus following that incident, he would have let off the gas and steered through and continued his race. i see him do that every time he goes out in his bandolero as they spin a ton. it's a skill, but one the kids need to learn. you can't blame angus for your driver running into something.

as far as bumping michael - angus didn't mean to touch michael, but michael let off the gas where angus wasn't and closed on michael too quickly and michael came into angus' line as angus was trying to stay low and inside. the first thing angus told me was that michael let off the gas to his surprise because michael told angus ahead of time that he was running flat though that section the way angus was. but it was just a small bump in a straight line, which shouldn't have done anything to michael anyway except speed him up. angus is always more than happy to receive a bump in a straight line. and it was in a straight line because it was just after #1.

thanks to rick and carl for a great event. can't wait until the next one!

btw - brent and bailey never complained when we were racing with them last year Don't know

and amax! connor had an awesome start in the feature and beat angus to #1. congrats to connor for the best start of the day in mini! your dad should have paid you double.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: