| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Minimax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Minimax Reply with quote

Thank you to Angus, Michael, and Nick for welcoming us into the Micromax class. We've certainly got a lot of work to do to get on pace. We really enjoyed our day.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was alot of fun yesterday. angus was bummed on the way home that his kart broke like it did in the final, but he still had fun all day. after a while i asked him what happened, and he said his throttle got stuck on the back stretch and so he had to lock it up and shut it off. i glad he thought to do that and not just go wide open off the track into a fence or something. at least he set a new track record and can be happy about that. this field is going to be real competitive in a couple more races and we can't wait.

hey connor, we missed you out there, and it was great seeing nick again. and jesse was fast out of the box, as i knew he would be.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29180

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on a record, Angus. But don't forget you beat on new tires what was done last race on used tires in FInal race. The other driver (don't want to tell his name) is going fast right out of the box in his first race. Will be faster in each next session.
We qualified with wrong setup (this is a disadvantage of going elsewhere) after missing practice because of huge traffic around 228, but by the final race, despite being challenged to pass, our average lap time on clean laps (2 laps excluded) is better than Angus.
And btw, kudos to Rotax as our engine just passed 50 hours mark on bottom end and 30 on top.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be an awesome class and I feel the SERSS will soon be producing some of the top Minimax drivers in the country. Just think about it guys, the Minimax class is just about to get into the 22's. WOW!
richie#89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihor, angus' lap #3 was a 23.16, and then i signaled to him to slow down because he was checking out. so talking about average speed isn't really correct because angus was just pacing what he needed to.

but know this! i will be happiest when angus is in the 22's, but all the others are even faster than he is, and angus puts his head down and catches back up! i want our GA boys to be the fastest in the country and for them to push each other so freakin' hard that they can go anywhere and beat anybody! i think it's pretty important for us as dads and coaches to keep this competition healthy and active, but to never let it get negative between us adults.

like i've said before - this is what we had in motocross and our group could go anywhere and run well. angus' 3 mx friends just swept the podium last month on their way to the national championship in mx. i'm sure they will all end up in the top 10 this year in the country!

we could have that in minimax if we work together. i was thrilled to see jesse being so fast on saturday. i was also thrilled to see michael working to pass the way he did. michael and angus can both learn from jesse when it comes to starts and passing. we are continuing in cadet for the sole purpose of working on passing. angus will be starting at the rear and trying to see if he can make some passes. i wish jesse, michael, connor and nick would all do the same. our goal by the grand nationals is that angus can pass anytime anywhere.

if angus continues to qualify on pole in minimax, don't be surprised if he starts in the back. while he loves to win, we got longer term plans. it wouldn't surprise me if in the future we are all fighting to see who gets to start in the back, and the only real victories in barnesville are the ones where the driver came all the way through the field Shocked
that's thinking big.
richie#89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey carl, can't wait until ross gets up here with us, cause that's one more GA boy that knows how to drive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: