| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
SERSS rocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rmaxchallenge.com/page.cfm?content=348
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent Harper wrote:
Funny thing is the same thing happened to me at the FWT. I was on pole and the flagman started us with the off pole guy leading??? Rolling Eyes Ain't supposed to happen that way.

So what you are saying is somebody beat you on the flag. Very Happy We have all got beat that way. We have also jumped the flag numerous times. That is what getting a good start is all about. Whether it is in a car or a kart you try to beat the flag, that is why it is called racing. Rules blah blah blah we are racers and if you can get the jump inside or outside pole who cares. Who gets on the guy who lays back when starting from the rear just to come up the center and gain 5 spots. Man that is just racing.
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
I think we all want this series to get even better, so please somebody work with race director/flagmen to improve their, costly for us, lack of knowledge/experience. Feature start was much better, but it was too late. At the end we glad we re-grabbed MiniMax lap record, which was improved 4 times today.

Ihor , funny how attitudes change when it happens to you? remember when I complained about the flagman last year , your response was
Quote:
The rest is responsibility of crew member / coach / parent to educate

http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2232
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29023

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, if driver makes multiple oval laps and can't either speed up and join the formation or slow down, wait and join the formation it is driver inability or parent coaching lacking. That was not a kidkart class so parents stopping kids to tell them again what they should do or make a standing start (as it was done couple of times last year). How old is Case? 7?

amax, what flag? First row didn't even see the flag, he started waiving it when Angus was not only in front of Michael, but also past him. Did anybody see no green flag before Carl talked to starter?
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihor yes i saw the flag as did ritchie we even commented to each other that angus had got the jump on him. it happens, it is not that big of a deal. If as a racer you get beat on the start you just have to get to moving and try and pass during the race. Very Happy
richie#89

Score: 8851

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is starting to get old. angus has been working on starts all winter. angus didn't cheat or break the rules, as it seems to be implied. angus anticipated the flag and jumped perfectly. so much so that the flagger couldn't pull back the green. the flagger knew immediately that angus got a jump on him, and allen, myself and the flagger joked about it. it's called racing, like allen said. don't try and take that away from him. he has concentrated on this one aspect of the racing all winter and it paid off for him. i was very proud of his racing on saturday in minimax. he planned ahead of time that if he was outside pole he was going to time it perfectly - and he did. you might say that he jumped the start, but i knew what he was going to do, and he did what he planned on doing. angus jumped on the gas just before he anticipated the flagger flinching and it worked. by the first corner he was an entire kart length ahead. i guarantee this, angus will try and get a good jump on the start for every race. for the rest of that race and for the entire feature, angus also drove slower laps cause he was driving defensively. was that blocking as well?
funny thing though. he put so much time and mental energy into minimax, that he totally blew the exact same thing in the cadet race Laughing
and you can't do that when simon is on the track, cause i think he's got the best start of all the kids!
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is called Racing. If the guy on the outside can get the jump and the flagman throws the Green, guess what, we are racing.

Even at the BIG Races this will happen.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29023

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is getting old. Whatever. You just said here and on Saturday that he accelerated and was in front of Michael before the green flag and that is against the starting procedure rules. Nothing against Angus, he did exactly what you told him to do.
Lets close this topic, read my first message again and enjoy first place.
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definetely racing, but it is the result many times of a flagman not doing his job... At FWT the flagman stated multiple times that the race would not be started if the guy on the outside pole jumped???
Alan,
I wish it would've been me and you on the front row then I would'nt have minded giving a hip check into turn one... Laughing Laughing Laughing
BTW I didn't complain about it, I just passed him back on lap 2..

CMC KARTS
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor if you DO NOT know the facts about my son as to his age and whether or not he drives a kid kart then I would suggest you keep him out of the conversation .

If you have a bone to pick with me then that is fine , but, frankly my dear I don't give a damn .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: