| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Rotax Passport?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Rotax Passport? Reply with quote

The kart I've got did not come with a passport. The motor is sealed with a cable and black plastic Rotax numbered thingy, but will this be an issue?
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29026

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotax Passport? Reply with quote

Sean O'Connell wrote:
The kart I've got did not come with a passport. The motor is sealed with a cable and black plastic Rotax numbered thingy, but will this be an issue?

Yes. First of all check your engine number against list of legal in US motors. If it is listed there (somewhere on rmaxchallenge.com and we had link on forum), contact rotax shop to re-establish passport (I beleieve it is still possible).
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ihor.

I guess I got lucky... I wrote the guy I purchased it from who said he found the passport yesterday while organizing his office(!) What are the odds.

Another rule that appears to need my attention is the location of the side pods. I read that I am supposed to run a straight edge from the rear wheel to the front and it's not supposed to touch the pod... is that right? I'll have to take 2" off the pod support pieces that attach to the frame if this is the case. Not a big deal, but it's not something that can be undone!
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean...how wide do you have your rear wheels set from outer edge to outer edge? The max allowed is 55" in the Senior classes. Double check that dimension before you do anything drastic like cutting metal.
Kosmic Mercury #602
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alot easier to do it now then to have to do it on raceday, which I have gotten to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: