| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #12 Registration
2014-09-20 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Feedback - Yamaha Supercan and Rotax Minimax guys and gals.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8405

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Feedback - Yamaha Supercan and Rotax Minimax guys and gals. Reply with quote

Do you want to combine these classes or run them separate? They will be run separate during the Rmax qualifiers, but how about the rest of the time? If we run together, we will grid based on time and score separate.

Let me know.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

staggered start, on track together. there is no reason i can see for mixing up classes. combine classes, but stagger starts. fastest single qualifier gets his class in the front.
richie#89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, how come our opinion wasn't asked in regards to the sportsman / cadet / micro class? cause i want that class gridded separately, but combined as well.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29177

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie, you are not fair to others. Lets say Bailey (just kidding) is going to be slower than SuperCan. Now group of fast SuperCans will have to deal with him early on.
On the other hand, its not going to happen very often. Just 2 races in first half and few in second (we and probably you will miss at least two because of the Nationals).
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29177

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
also, how come our opinion wasn't asked in regards to the sportsman / cadet / micro class? cause i want that class gridded separately, but combined as well.

Board had to make a decision, thats why they were voted. And I agree, if you have staggered / split start you create more potential problems for fast guys in second and third class. If one Micro or YSportsman qualifies faster than CSportsman, the whole CSportsman pack will have to deal with some slower racers in front of them. There is no universal solution. Thats why we had to make a decision before the race last season. Some times there were no Yamahas or Micro, the next time you have big Cadet field with one fast Micro. What class to start first ?
richie#89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if you stagger correctly, then alot is played out before front runners catch the tail runners. the stagger shouldn't be right behind each other, but about a half lap down. if you guys are thinking that way, then i wish you'd just go back to individual classes running all the time and lasting all day.
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
but if you stagger correctly, then alot is played out before front runners catch the tail runners.

Richie,
In theory, I agree with you, but reality has to be part of the equation.

Have you ever seen the jr. drivers start a race? Imagine the chaos of convincing them to not only break correctly into two or more groups, but to wait for their own green flag.

What happens when the first group takes their green and the second group gets all froggy and needs to be waved off?

I have to agree that what Ihor, Jeff, and the rest of the board decided on is the best compromise. The only improvement I can see is to actually combine the class in one class based on age group. That way there aren't 15 trophies for about 10 kids.
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind running them together. I do not like the run as qualified. If you are running two groups those groups need to start in there group not with the other. Over taking the slow groups will happen during racing but i dont think it should be blocked on the start by a kart not even in your class. hope that makes sense. I would prefer to run seperate altogether. It is looking like 5 minimax kids. Dont know how many yamaha there will be.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8405

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to the speed differences of these two classes, we will most likely run them separate. Just wanted the racers input before we decided.

Jeff
Bob Lefferdo

Score: 5307

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Combined Classes............. Reply with quote

Hello,

I know the Board tried to make the best decision for the class and the racers. I still feel this will not be the only question raised as far as how we combine classes and how starts are done with other classes also.

From an racers experience, I think it teaches the Jr's how to deal with traffic, slower karts and passing. From a "my son is racing against karts not in his class and preventing him from winning" point I feel there will issues. I think we all need to be open and react if needed but first we need to see if the decisions we made will work, we have not even had the first race yet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: