| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Kart Show/Advertising
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be intrested?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Not sure, need more info
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 14
This poll does not expire

amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blues-booze-ribs and racin man now that sounds fun.
Jeff Sikes
2 Cycle Director

Score: 8572

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the makings of a country song Very Happy Now if we could just get them to race the donkeys on buggy day we would be there! Maybe we could invite them to the track to race them Razz Open class run what ya brung - open shoe rule Very Happy Very Happy

Nobody likes a good party better than Barnesville, maybe have the street race on blues day? I am with Alan, beer tunes and racing - heaven on earth!
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Kart Show/Advertising Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:

Quote:
This could be a hugh thing for Kart Racing.

you mean huge?

Ihor, you're making fun of people who misspell a word? That's rich coming from someone who butchers the English language on this forum on a nearly daily basis. Laughing

Telling Josh to behave... is that your way of telling him that because somebody stood up for him he's on his way to being banned? Just because you don't hold his religious beliefs or his dedication to making something happen from essentially nothing doesn't mean you should belittle him.

Just my opinion.
JoshuaWarren

Score: 8510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Clone Senior
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshua, i know of a specific way you can do something similar to what you are talking about. you know how some of the guys have made a display at petit lemans? you could do that at AMS. every summer, they have their thursday thunder series held every thursday night. it is a carnival-like atmosphere where a karting display would give a lot of exposure to karting. you wouldn't be able to have speeches, but you could have karters on hand to answer questions. a few times, i have been there racing or practicing and i had a kart with me. the kart drew a whole lot of attention every time and i spent too much time talking about it and answering questions. most have exposure to dirt oval karting, but road course karts are way cooler to look at (and drive). if you want, i can hook you up with where you'd need to start - richie
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29428

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kart Show/Advertising Reply with quote

Seeley wrote:
Ihor Bilyy wrote:

Quote:
This could be a hugh thing for Kart Racing.

you mean huge?

Ihor, you're making fun of people who misspell a word?

Did you see a smile? Context? see below

Quote:
That's rich coming from someone who butchers the English language on this forum on a nearly daily basis. Laughing

this is exactly why. I was lazy to check m-w.com and you can continue lol

Quote:
Telling Josh to behave... is that your way of telling him that because somebody stood up for him he's on his way to being banned?

You don't know what you are commenting on ...

Quote:
Just because you don't hold his religious beliefs or his dedication to making something happen from essentially nothing doesn't mean you should belittle him.

oops, wrong assumption again

Quote:
Just my opinion.

keep them coming
Brantley French

Score: 3050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not wanting to step into this bear trap but still wanting to help out a friend... heres my 2 cents worth.
ok josh. seriously look for all racing and sports related events in the georgia area. AMS not only has racing on thursdays but also in march and september (i think..schedule change), there are car shows all over nowadays. go to the atlanta road course and lanier speedway (those should be short drives for you)... if your lucky you can get a lot of attention from those people that are looking to start racing street oval around there.
but one fact that you might need to be prepared to face is that while you trying to get people into racing is a very noble thing to do, with a new president and an unclear economic future, you probably arent going to stir up a huge movement toward people driving down to start karting. your best bet is to do what you have already done with your websites and let other people look around for it.
thats how people really get attention is by grabbing the people who are prepared to do it.
ok so i feel like ive been rambling on but i think it should have gotten through what i meant and its very possible that my take on this thing is wrong. Embarassed
Doug Austin

Score: 5988

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to jeff's idea that sounds good for donkey racing racing we could you the fertilizer to grow some grass...feed um chili
Doug Austin

Score: 5988

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me[ USE...}
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35705

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take a poll.

Lets combine Allen, Jeff, and Doug's idea's.
Everyone start's off eating BBQ ribs and some chilli. Then you drink several ice cold frosty beverages while jammin to BB king. Then when it starts getting a little crazy we break out the donkeys. It's time to go racing!!!
Who all is in?

Hey Jeff,
If it starts raining can we use rain shoes?