| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Daytona Race report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
[
Besides being red, what are you loving about it?

I like the dual rail set up always have. The front end is way different than anything out there, i would think that it would be extremely tunable. I like the brake set up, brake in the center. Just by pictures it looks like it is a very well put together gokart. It kinda reminds me of the old Maverick straight rail karts that were out in the 90's. They came in red, blue, black, orange or unpainted depending on who was riding them.

Even if it is coming out of the crg garage it is not in any way a crg. I have a good friend that lives in south florida and he claims that the chassis feel wise is a lot like the old ptk's that were also produced out of the crg garage. Not as touchy as the crg's though. The sweet spot is alot easier to find and keep. If you look at the results pages it also looks like they are having a good run right now. price though is out of my league. Wait a year and get a good used one.
Alan Parris

Score: 3756

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Maranello team right now is still using the RS7 still (including at daytona and PRI) and have not used the new RS8 and RS9 which are the new radical chassis...I could be wrong but I dont think anyone has raced them yet, even at the world finals...should be interesting, I love the design they came up with though.

-AP

AP Karting-Sodi Atlanta
Sodi / Itaka / BOXS/ KF/ Rotax/ TaG/ HPV
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33699

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
merlin and the shockwave are made at parolin racing. not sure if the spec's are the same. one chassis not mentioned is the Maranello ran by Santino he won both the yamaha and HPV he also ran well in the cadet on his S1 chassis. not sure what model the Maranello is. anyone know?

Merlin is made by Parolin, but is not the same tubing material as a Parolin. The chassis are not the same. In fact Merlin supplies the tubing to Parolin. The spec's are not the same.

Santino is a fantastic driver and could win on any chassis. As to the Maranello time will tell how well it will perform. Chris Larson has moved to Maranello. He is also a fantastic driver, but due to motor problems and getting the Maranello working, he did not make the main on either day in the Tag class.
wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santino was on an RS-4
01ron

Score: 1669

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santino was on the Maranello RS-4 in the HPV and Yamaha classes. I'm 99% sure he was on a Top Kart both days in Cadet.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
Quote:
merlin and the shockwave are made at parolin racing. not sure if the spec's are the same. one chassis not mentioned is the Maranello ran by Santino he won both the yamaha and HPV he also ran well in the cadet on his S1 chassis. not sure what model the Maranello is. anyone know?

Santino is a fantastic driver and could win on any chassis.

Aparently at FWT this was not true. Even though there was a bunch of Maranello karts, none where in the front, that is strange, as they are clearly just red CRG's and there were plenty of them up front, as well as the Birel karts
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Even though there was a bunch of Maranello karts, none where in the front, that is strange, as they are clearly just red CRG's and there were plenty of them up front, as well as the Birel karts

still like them and when i grow up i will get one. Very Happy
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amax20 wrote:
Rick wrote:
Even though there was a bunch of Maranello karts, none where in the front, that is strange, as they are clearly just red CRG's and there were plenty of them up front, as well as the Birel karts

still like them and when i grow up i will get one. Very Happy

You and Connor have the kart that smoked in the Junior classes, well except mini, that was a Birel, but only one Crying or Very sad
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33699

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

When kart manufacturers are producing karts for other karting companies they are using many of the same components such as brakes, peddles, nerf bars, etc, but there are many other differences such as:
1. Tube material (wall thickness, diameter, material, etc)
2. Tube bends (number of bends and placement of bends)
3. Tube placements (cross rails, front axle tube)

Throughout the year or homologation period, kart manufacturers will make slight changes to their chassis for increased performance.

There are many excellent kart manufacturers. The list is extensive and CRG and Birel are two of them along with Tony Kart, Kosmic, Swiss Hutless, Merlin, Arrow, Margay, Maranello. Edited - Forgot to add Sodi. There are others too like First Kart, Energy, Intrepid. List can go on.

Last edited by John Wehrheim on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daniel White

Score: 6254

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . and Sodi Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: