| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #12 Registration
2014-09-20 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Daytona Race report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Noonan

Score: 44

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daytona use to race over 3 days rather than 2. it was better in reguards to track time. this race makes it bad with the shortage of day light. I think they brought it back to 2 days because of the track rental fees I think. the summer nationals are better but it still a problem as far as track time. to many classes. Simon and Jeff nice to see you made down there to run. did you just run yamaha? or other classes? with nationals a first its about paying you dues, the next races forward will be better for you and you dad. how did that Foot Box work out for you??? are you guys going to do the southbend national?
both used by NationalChampions www.NKRpedals.com
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:

And how exactly FWT is not comparable to WKA ? The level of professionalism is way higher in FWT, despite being almost one man

I agree Ihor the fwt is ran better on the management end of the deal. You compared the micro class on the fwt to wka man. cup. scca-wka Ran better i agree. Better competition probably not.

Just reading about 2 trips to homestead rather than one. not much touring going on there. would have been nice to have thrown a different track into the mix rather than just 2. Maybe the georgia series will jump around this year. Local travel would be pretty cool.
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8406

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick N. - yes we ran only the Yamaha, I had thought of also running Simon in cadet, but I was way over my head !! Turned out perfect, we had a day off and it was nice and laid back for us.

The footbox was great. I pulled it out of the box you sent it in and 30 min later it was on the kart - everything fit perfect. Big thanks for that, we love it. An 8 year old that weighs 50 pounds is a challenge to fit to a kart.

We will be at Southbend, just too much fun not too!

I forgot to thank John W. for his help with our axle, thanks for getting your hands dirty John! Great thing about this sport is everyone helping each other!

Ihor we are driven now to make a final !! Karts I saw up front were Merlin in both cadet and full size classes, birel in cadet, intrepid in full size, Margay in both, I only saw a few arrows but they were also up front. Top of my head from the grid, I will go back and see which ones ended up top ten. I will have to agree with Allen on the racing and as far as seat time goes the local races are great for that, but the MAN cup will make a racer out of you and a tuner! I wish we could have just raced our class all day but the last chance race was a great place for Simon to start and we are happy with trying to make a final this year.
01ron

Score: 1660

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Up Front Karts at Daytona Reply with quote

I watch this site to keep up with your clone class but I thought I'd comment on the karts in the Sportsman classes at Daytona. You are correct but left out one other chassis that had numerous top five qualifying runs (4, 4, 3 in qualifying Cadet and HPV). We run Shockwave Chassis and they are very similiar to the Merlins. In fact, in the second Cadet race, we qualified third, ran third in the prefinal and second in the final on our Shockwave Cadet. Excellent product from an excellent company in Colorado.

Corey Towles' Grandpa

Ron
Rick Noonan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merlin and the shockwave are made at parolin racing. not sure if the spec's are the same. one chassis not mentioned is the Maranello ran by Santino he won both the yamaha and HPV he also ran well in the cadet on his S1 chassis. not sure what model the Maranello is. anyone know?

jeff, if you guys come up to Southbend be sure to let me know. I would be glad to help you out. its a great track. We have raced there many times and really like that place.
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Noonan wrote:
the Maranello ran by Santino he won both the yamaha and HPV he also ran well in the cadet on his S1 chassis. not sure what model the Maranello is. anyone know?

I am loving that maranello chassis right now, probably the one i would buy if in the market for one.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maranello is made by CRG so I am sure it's a good chassis but I would say Santino is fast in everything he drives. If I remember right he won the 08 FWT championship in Cadet and finished 9th in Minimax on a Nevoso.

And last I heard Shockwave was getting their chassis welded in US now.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amax20 wrote:

I am loving that maranello chassis right now, probably the one i would buy if in the market for one.

Besides being red, what are you loving about it?
Rick Noonan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Cottrell wrote:
And last I heard Shockwave was getting their chassis welded in US now.

do you know if its the same design?

what about this color....
http://ontrackpromotions.ifp3.com/site/#/gallery/2009-wka-mfg-cup-round-1-daytona/otp-0852/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: