| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
VINTAGE KART SITE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: VINTAGE KART SITE Reply with quote

Here is a really great vintage site, and I see Dan Flanders, one of our local vintage guys, has put in some effort. Smile
Thanks Dan
Link: http://www.kartingarchives.com/
Dan Flanders

Score: 334

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick-
You are very welcome and thank you for the nice complement. Yes, I've spent a least a couple hundred hours scanning material in for the archives over the last 2+ years. It is dull and tedious work, but it will be a great resource for anyone interested in identifying parts and restoring an old kart. It is our hope that we can get more people interested in the history of karting and maybe decide to restore and run an old kart or six (The older karts seem to breed in the garage when the lights go out...Beware Dr.Chip, Beware Very Happy)

I've got a really neat Barnesville event program from '79/'80 that will eventually get scanned and posted along with a number of articles about the Winter Nationals in the late '60s and early 70's. We've got a BUNCH of info on West Bend, McCulloch etc. However, we are much leaner on our coverage of the late '60s early 70's rotary valve air-cooled motors (Komet, BM, Parilla, Saetta, Dap etc.) If anyone has any documentation they would be willing to share, please drop me a line.

Dan
Bob Barthelemy
Secretary/Treasurer

Score: 4810

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Dan,

I just spent a few minutes on the site but I.m looking forward to spending more time checking out all the memory lane stuff!

Thanks,

Bob Barthelemy
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47319

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan-I am already thinking of my "next" vintage purchase!

But gotta get the Bug prettied up for the B'Ville Vintage event.

Will show, and run the Bug at the fist 09 Barnesville regular race to get the regulars interested and attending the Vintage event! cb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: