| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Yamaha Pipe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha is the way to go for a beginner that wants to really race. Although i like the can it just doesnt give me the kick in the pants that i like. If any of the rotax guys would ride a good pipe setup they would probably wonder why they spent 8g for something that doesnt even come close to feeling as good as the yamaha with a pipe. The draw back that i see is that you actually have to learn how to tune something, in this day everybody wants to play racer but not learn how to race. There is more to racing than paying your money and pushing a button. I am not getting on the rotax guys so dont take it that way. The touch and go stuff is all the rage right now. I just think that they would have a blast with the yamaha. Cheaper. The clutch and the carb are not rocket science like people make out, you just have to take care of the thing and ease up on the power till you find were to run it. open tires and a pipe man what a great time. yes that could include the rims to put the tires on. I have one in the shed that if i can come up with a kart i might put it together and run it next year.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33593

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
Good points. I too have a Yamaha Pipe sitting up at Adkins shop. All it needs it assembly and mount on a kart.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28295

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so if all you guys would just show up, you'd have one of the biggest classes at the track...

DT
Daniel White

Score: 6196

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was looking to get in karting last year, I wanted to go Yamaha Pipe, but didn't want to race against just Bob Johnson and Scott Tarrer.

I'm digging my Rotax, but I could've used a year or two on the Yamaha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: