| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Todays race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Todays race Reply with quote

I am writing this concerning the officating at todays race in the Clone JR class , My son was racing in that class and the flagging was BAD !!! I was told that this was not the flagmans fault ,but, instead the people in the tower who were calling the shots. What happened was that there was nobody on the track to line up the class and after a few laps around the oval they sent them down the shoot whether they were lined up or not. My son let the karts into line in the heat race and doing this he didn't keep up and the flagman thru the green when he was about 40 or 50 lengths behind they let them go anyway, since it was only a heat race I didn't complain and let iit go BUT the same thing happened in the feature Case was trying to line up and Ryan Taylor spun him out and the flagman didn't care or should I say the people in the tower didn't care ??? anyway he was again about 50 lengths behind and they let them go- WHAT WERE THEY THINKING !!!!! when I ask the flagman he told me that the tower told him to start the race. I have had enough Thank GOD the season is over and we can have a new board .

steve

Erin93

Score: 670

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There did appear to be some confusion with the racers as to how many laps to run in the oval and which positions they needed to be in. However, there was no contact between Ryan and Case prior to the flag being thrown. It appeared to be a case of confusion and panic when he caught up to the pack too fast and hit the brakes too hard and went into a spin with his cold tires.

The board has done a wonderful job this year and we want to thank them again for a great year. We have seen many changes and improvements for the better and only can hope for continued growth of this club.
#00 & #93
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29239

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor spun him out? Was Taylor behind? What was oval lap number when it happened?
I remember couple of meetings with Junior drivers. The rest is responsibility of crew member / coach / parent to educate. I saw too many confusions this year, especially from new drivers. If it happens over and over again, what would you do? I believe Taylor is well aware of starts. I remember him racing since we started in Barnesville 3 years ago.
If Case was having trouble to catch up, why didn't he wait for them. You only need 1 lap on oval to make a formation.
nuthin fancy

Score: 1075

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 dates scheduled to race in 08,With a heat,and a feature race, 32 green flags per class. Its not that hard to start a race.If the staff had/has some type of issue, that class should still be alert enough to know what to do or not do!If a racer/class of racers is prepared to start the green flag is just a formality.If a racer/class of racers are not prepared, The GSKA staff gets the blame! I left earlier in the day, and not witnessing this does'nt matter. Not wanting to stirr anything up! THIS club racing is not this hard and is fun if every one wants it to be.

regards,
Frank
jeff bacon

Score: 15254

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows that it is the Head flagman's final decision to give the green flag. If he made a mistake today, I am truly sorry. Start/finish flagging can be a difficult job to do at times and mistakes can be made. The few times I flagged at that position, I made at least one mistake every time. Shane has done a great job this year and has been a great asset to the club. But we are still an amateur club and mistakes will be made.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35276

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff
You and your family have gone way above and beyond what I would expect from anyone!!!
I know that you guys have put in numerous hours and I for one really appreciate it.

And a quote from Steve.
Quote:
Thank GOD the season is over and we can have a new board .

This is amateur racing.We are all human.Mistakes are made.But this statement and several others like it you have made this year is uncalled for.
I personally think the Board of Directors have done an excellent job this year and the club has grown leaps and bounds to prove it.

When in a drivers meeting earlier this year it was brought up if the B.O.D. should change half way or go to the end of the year.
When asked half way YOU was the only one raising a hand up..........That is like a 100 to 1 ratio.
I think right then and there I would have found another track to race at if I was not happy here or just keep my thoughts to myself.

As for me I believe the GSKA is the "Bomb".They are doing a GREAT job!!!

BTW Steve and Case....Good job on your championships this year.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8475

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mike (Rippin) this season has been great and we have had very few issues all season. A couple of personality clashes but that is going to happen anywhere. Jeff and Ginny made this season happen and happen smoothly, this was a major transition year for the club and the next group to be in charge will have an easier time because of it.

Yesterdays race went very smooth from what I saw, mistakes are going to happen, even in F1 or NASCAR, and it always hurts when your kids suffers but that is racing.
Mac Norman

Score: 3012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)Paid staff should not have to deal with anyone other than the one that signs their check or the designated supervisor. All complaints should be brought to the Board Member. PERIOD
2)As they gain experience, the kids learn how to line up and start races. If you will pay attention to some of our Jr classes, they look like a swarm of bees making their hot laps. On hot lap #3, when they come towards the Monza, they all just fall into place. (they know from the grid who they are to be behind and beside) They come down the front stretch, and start the race. Both our 2 cycle and 4 cycle Jr.s have some of the best and most organized starts at the track and they should be complemented for that. People around the track will tell you, Joel was one of the worst. The first race he got on the pole, nobody could stop him from doing hot laps on the oval and dear old Dad was at turn #1 with a camera wanting pictures instead of paying proper attention to his son. But in time we learned and Case will to. Don't be hard on others. Don't be hard on yourself. Especially don't be hard on Case. And above all, HAVE FUN and set attainable goals. It just takes a little time and experience! But please remember, above all, HAVE FUN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: