| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Candidate BackGround

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Candidate BackGround Reply with quote

I along with others I am sure would like to know backgrounds of those running for office and why they would be suitable for the position. I read DT's ,but, I am sure the club would like to hear from other candidates.
I will start the ball rolling with a short version of my qualifications and why I want to be on the executive of the club.

Name- Steve Bushell

Residence- Covington , Georgia

Years In Karting 20 years +

Past Offices with other Kart Clubs Race Director "Ontario Kart Racing Association", Vice President "Picton Kart Racing Club" , Executive "Picton Kart Racing Club"

Karting Affliations WKA , IKF , OKRA , PKRA , PKA

Karting Background I started Karting in the early 70's and won many local track events as well as Canadian National events. I have competed in Barnesville at the Winter Olympics thru the 70's and 80's. I co-owned Cape Vessy Motorsports Park and County Kart Center ( a full service Kart shop and Rental Facility) in Canada. I have help organize 2 Professional Kart Races at my track in the early 80's with a $10,000 purse with the PKA sanction featuring Mark Dismore , Lynn Haddock , Scott Pruett , Paul Tracy , Ron Emmick and a host of other well know Kart Racers. The track would have been still in existence today except for noise bylaws that were enforced and in turn forced the closure of the track and shop. My partner at the track was Wrex Roth who is now a well known tuner for First kart and his son Micheal Roth who coaches and competes in European and North American Karting events I have had experience in most 2 cycle classes including direct drive ( which I liked but the push wasn't worth the ride) and 4 cycle Honda classes

Brief Statement of why seeking position

The reason I am seeking a Board Position is that I feel the that club needs a uniform rule book and procedures in order for the growth and sustainmeant of the GSKA.
In the past the procedures in place now worked and did the job they were designed for , but , with the constant growth the procedures need to be locked in on at least a yearly basis to avoid conflicts and last minute desicions based on feelings and not facts.
This year I have tended to be a little outspoken when events occured that I have not thought they would be in the best interest of the club and made my views known and fought against bad decisions.
I have supported the club at every race except the first one when my son was attacked by a pit bull and I was in the hospital with him.
I have supported the club president although most times I have not 100% agreed with the decision . I have defended the president when he was in the process of being banned from the track last spring .
My goal is not to go to national events as my interest is with club events , but, I will support anyone wanting to go National and understand the importance of racers doing this if they see a future in motorsport.
I want to have rules in place that anyone anywhere can come to the track and compete without having to buy special equipment because of our unique rules.
I also want the new racer ( ex. Clone class) and inexperienced racers to be able to compete with those with similar experience and be able to be rewarded for their effort and not having it go unnoticed.

To make this club grow everyone needs to be able have a place to race with constant rules ,and the family atmosphere that Karting breeds , from the new racer to the old seasoned racer.

[/b]

Thank you for taking time to read this and whether or not you agree with my views I respect you voting decision and I know whoever the membership votes into office will do the job to the best of their ability.

Thank You
Steve Bushell

Please if anyone has any questions please email me and I will be happy to answer to the best of my ability
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47461

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU! cb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: