| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Clutch question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to stay away from this post because I know as soon as I chime in my clutch will spin next race Confused

I know some guy's on the Ekarting forum state that they take the clutch off after every race weekend and retorque the nut.

My experience was that after we replaced the nut, I haven't had any problems.

It may just come down to that nut getting a tick loose after so many runs or being "shocked"...not the kind of loose you can feel, just a matter of being torqued.
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say that you don't want to follow my preventative maintenance routine. Embarassed One of my New Year's resolutions will be to address this for next season!
Kosmic Mercury #602
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, I just received an e-mail notification about the new clutches, and they can be retro fitted. If you would like to have your clutch re-done over the off season, or anytime, just contact me to make an appointment. Although the following is not part of the clutch thread, we have also received information regarding the new steel balance gears, if you have interest in changing from the nylon gears to the steel make the appointment and have both done at the same time. I will post parts pricing and labor cost when they become available.
RS
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,
What do you mean by Retro fitted???

CMC KARTS
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new clutch design was/is recently released, not yet available in the US as far as I know. Descriptions are similar to a Leopard style clutch, based on pictures and text on Ekartingnews.

It appears that the balance gears are part of the the new clutch package and are metal. It's unclear in that thread if the plastic and metal gears are interchangable without changing the clutch designs.

retrofit   /v. [v. re-troh-fit, re-troh-fit; n., adj. re-troh-fit]
verb, -fitted or -fit, -fitting, noun, adjective
–verb (used with object) 1. to modify equipment (in airplanes, automobiles, a factory, etc.) that is already in service using parts developed or made available after the time of original manufacture.
2. to install, fit, or adapt (a device or system) for use with something older: to retrofit solar heating to a poorly insulated house.
–verb (used without object) 3. (of new or modified parts, equipment, etc.) to fit into or onto existing equipment.
4. to replace existing parts, equipment, etc., with updated parts or systems.
–noun 5. something that has been retrofitted.
6. an instance of updating, enlarging, etc., with new or modified equipment: A retrofit could save thousands of dollars.
–adjective 7. being or characterized by a retrofit: retrofit units.

Last edited by Seeley on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The retro fit parts, as I understand the program, will include the new clutch parts and steel balance gears. This means if you want to up date to the new system, I can replace the old stuff with new stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: