| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Rules Question: Cadet chassis in Jr. Clone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 28948

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Rules Question: Cadet chassis in Jr. Clone? Reply with quote

Just curious if a cadet chassis would be "legal" for the Jr. Clone classes.

DT
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rules Question: Cadet chassis in Jr. Clone? Reply with quote

dtebbe wrote:
Just curious if a cadet chassis would be "legal" for the Jr. Clone classes.

DT

The first question would be the age group for junior clone, usually the cadet chassis is used for kids in the 8-12 year group. WKA,IKF,STARS,and Rotax all use cadet in this age group. After 12 years old the full size chassis is required. But, with the junior clone being a Barnesville only class.........
John Wehrheim

Score: 33928

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on your definition of a Cadet chassis. I do not have the WKA rule book with me as I am traveling. I am only familar with 2 cycle and I am sure the WKA Gold Cup rules are different.

I would imagine we would follow the WKA Gold Cup rules for this class.
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 28948

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am talking about the Jr1 Clone class, which is 8-12.

While no cadet chassis are used in Gold Cup, I feel like since it is a local option class, it would be wise to allow cadet chassis in Jr clone, simply because there are quite a few cadet chassis available at a reasonable price.

It would be a great place to start, and then if you like you can bolt on a K80 when you are ready to speed up. Right now there is a big gap between Kid Kart and Cadet.

The reason I'm asking, is that I have a friend who is thinking about bringing their kid down, and I have a spare cadet chassis he is interested in.

DT
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT,
I know for sure WKA doesn't allow the cadet chassis (880 - 950cm) in the Gold Cup Series. But, this is a local class, and there by controlled by the GSKA. I totally agree that would be an excellent bridge from kid kart to the next level as well as a stepping stone to K-80 or Rotax if that is the direction the young karter and parents want to go.
The reason behind the cadet chassis is to fit an 8-12 year old easier, as you know. The only issue I have is that a cadet chassis will have a definite advantage over the full size chassis. This would make people decide if owning one would be worth the cost of changing over. While there are inexpensive cadets around they are not as available as old full size karts and this would defeat the purpose of the class........you know low cost racing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: