| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Just a suggestion for next year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Just a suggestion for next year Reply with quote

canceled

Last edited by Southern Star Karting on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Brantley French

Score: 3050

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add some input... i dont see how this would be fair to people that are gunna weigh in heavy. when you got a guy that is 6'5 like myself coming around at 385 on the kart and people like josh warren (example) that would weigh at 350 on the kart, that doesnt seem to be fair.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28561

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of multiple derivatives of the same class. Racing in a big class gives you a sense of accomplishment when you start to finish well in that class, and a large class is more inviting when looking at making the cash outlay to start racing.

I don't see the need to stress over the whole rain deal. We get 3 drops, if you don't want to race in the rain, take a drop. I think race control needs to decide if we race in the wet, then put rain tires in front, slicks in back and just get on with it. Or call the race.

I still think the fewer classes the better. At some point you have to decide if you are racing or riding. If you just want to ride, probably need to head to Andretti or Malibu. If you want to race, you just have to learn that it takes work and some $$$ to be competitive.

Plus, it's no fun racing with just one or two other people. That's why I race in the 350# clone class, despite weighing around 370. Way more fun racing with 5 or 6 guys (vs 1 or 2 in heavy) despite giving up the 20#.

JMHO..

DT
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35275

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Darrin !!!
Quote:
I don't see the need to stress over the whole rain deal. We get 3 drops, if you don't want to race in the rain, take a drop. I think race control needs to decide if we race in the wet, then put rain tires in front, slicks in back and just get on with it. Or call the race.

Quote:
We get 3 drops, if you don't want to race in the rain, take a drop.

I'm not a fan of drops at all.It penalizes the people that makes all the races.
I know it is hard to make them all but Me and my son Dan and Nick Lefferdo has and we have to drop 3.....I do not understand.
It doesn't affect me or Nick but my son only has a 8 point lead in the points now because of drops (-55 points) and on track incidents and scoring issues.(-13)
So he is penalized 68 points for making "ALL" of the races.....
I know that there is soccer,baseball,and whatever ,but for those of us dedicated to racing it stinks.

Maybe it is time to revisit the idea of split season again.
1'st half points and 2nd half points.
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the drops, the year end trophy is nothing more than a perfect attendance award. The championship is meant to award those who were most consistently up front...not just those who were most consistently at the race.
Kosmic Mercury #602
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35275

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Jimmy Johnson and Lewis Hamilton are leading their points now for having perfect attendance....Hmmmm....
Robby Gordon is 32 in points and he has perfect attendance.Hmmm...
I do not get your logic.