| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
North Florida 2009 season starts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29286

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: North Florida 2009 season starts Reply with quote

North Florida 2009 season starts November 22/23 in Ocala, FL
Micro / Mini / Jr / Sr / Masters / DD2
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: North Florida 2009 season starts Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
North Florida 2009 season starts November 22/23 in Ocala, FL
Micro / Mini / Jr / Sr / Masters / DD2

That is great, only a couple of weeks of down time, then back to some serious racing. This is an excellent tune up for FWT, and as a reminder Raceway Motorsports offers track side assistance for the North Florida series as well as FWT. The competition at NF is tough as National results show. Mini 1-2 was North Florida guys, and Junior pole was North Florida guy. Contact us if you want some assistance at any of these events.
RS
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is day 1 recap:
Micro: 3 entries
Julian Tesoro and Hunter Folsom were nose to tail and they had almost photo finish. I believe Hunter won.

Mini: 8 entries
Michael qualified 4th, 0.5s of the pole. Almost all were on new tires, we were on a set we raced on November 8th.
In Pre-Final Michael moved to second in first lap and to first in lap 3 or 4. Derek Sobel and Tesoro were behind with Ethan Low (3rd qualified) lost his engine in the middle of the race. 2 laps to go Derek made a move for first and protected his place next lap going through the finish line inside (that is the way to protect position).
In Final Michael was starting outside pole and did great job staying second with Tesoro close behind. He made a pass for the lead in lap 2 and kept it for few laps. Sobel and Tesoro were fighting for second very close behind Michael and in hairpin Dominic hit Michael's rear bumper and send him sideways. After recovery he was 3rd 10-12 karts behind. For a few laps he was doing better laps than in qualification, pushed too hard and landed on the hill. DNF. Dominic Tesoro got the Warning, but still finished second.

Junior: 7 entries
Jack West, AJ Myers, Nick Neri, John Gula, Joe Vilece, one more and Michelle Demont (moved to Jr from Easy 60). Great racing between Neri, Myers, West and Gula. Juniors are in 36 flat lap time.

Seniors: 4 entries
Dakota Donovan, Andrew Hawkins (moved up from Jr), Stephen Czapiga and Palmer Adams on his new Swiss Huttless. Finished in this order and actually raced in this order pre-final and final. Lap times from high 35 to flat 37.

Masters: 3 entries
Brent Harper, Eric Vaughan, Paul Czapiga. It was an easy win for Brent. Lap times from flat 37 to mid 40s.

We had free food!! as always for the first race of the season. Weather was a bit cold, but maybe not as cold as in Barnesville. It was around 64 and windy. I lost my canopy, it tried to fly away taking my toolbox and table with it.

Tomorrow is the same schedule with less practice to get home earlier. OGP is out of Mojo and we will stay with the same tires. I saw couple of dads were mounting new set for Sunday ... Sad
Chuck McCue
Banned User

Score: 5102

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"OGP is out of Mojo and we will stay with the same tires. I saw couple of dads were mounting new set for Sunday ... Sad"

Take a drive up to Jax tonight, we have plenty of MOJO's, I'll meet you at our store. call 904.219.5555
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about Arsenal on Saturday after the races but was not sure how far you are. Decided to use old tires and they performed well.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2 recap:

Micro: 3 entries, same story. Hunter won both days.

Mini: 7 entries.
I picked 4 visually best tires and that what Michael qualified 2nd on (0.3s faster than on Saturday). Pole sitter was 0.5s faster on new tires. In multiple exchange for 2nd place, Michael finished 3rd with lap time 0.2s faster than qualification. In final race he was punched on exactly the same place, lost 1 position and half lap later got hit again and again Angry , but continued from place 5 with bent front porch. Thank God chassis is OK because he was able to continue with leaders pace and passed #40 for third place on white flag coming far from behind (like 20-25 karts).
I checked yesterday results and found he was leading most of the laps both in Pre-Final and Final (while he was on a track).

Juniors: 7 entries. Same guys up front, I believe Nick Neri won, Jack West second and AJ Myers (MiniMax champion) third. John Gula lost his chain and we had red flag condition actually well after the Juniors final because his dad beat him in the pits area and track officials were trying to protect him. 3 police cars were at the scene. Don't know how it started. John dad was not taken to the jail.

Seniors: 3 entries. Palmer Adams was on a pole! They did major changes on a rear end and dropped almost a second. He was unable to hold first place. In final finished second, leader was black flagged for no reason (wrong assumption).

Masters and DD2: 2 plus 2. Brent picked up few tens by racing on new tires, he was playing with other karts ( ) slowing down few times to get a clean track with a "rabbit(s)".

wesgreene

Score: 3268

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the senior finishing order?
Good job Palmer!
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seniors: Hawkins, Adams, Donovan (black flag)
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor,
It's a tough compliment to accept, especially for a Dad, but Michael is receiving one every time he gets punted now. It was really rough for me to accept this past season, as Jesse took hard licks in every FWT race, and when we were fortunate enough to race with Wood and Riolo at OGP during the regular season.

Michael is contesting for the leads now, and is the 'new kid on the block' in that group (leaders) now at OGP. Dominick and others are going to rough him up a bit until the new pecking order is established. It's not personal, it's racing.

I know from firsthand experience that it's really hard to see him beat on, but it's just the next step. He will learn to race differently now, to be able to make himself less vunerable in that portion of the corner, either by carrying more entry speed, brake checking a little early, pinching the entry line a bit, or even the Barnesville method of retaliation.

Michael is racing with the fast kids now, it's an opportunity to change his style a touch to ensure he's not taken out, or to allow them to intimidate him into not running with them. It's not the fault of the Race Director, Michael, Tesoro, or anyone else, it's how racing happens up front with National level drivers who aren't yet dominant. Just be supportive of him, and offer him ideas on how to avoid being punted by the drivers who catch him, and use him for brakes. Until he can get out front and drive away, he will be subjected to physical racing now. Just remember to think of it as a compliment, just like spending half your day in tech is....
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its a "new kid in a block" problem. We reviewed 3 accidents (the only 3 for 2 days and all involved Michael) and agreed that it was his lack of experience. He was still driving the fastest line as he was qualifying or trying to catch up. If you welcome competitors inside line, they will try to use it sooner or later. He was simply didn't know what to do under pressure. It was all good learning this past weekend.

I have to thank Matt Tilden for all his help, especially with carb and chassis scaling, BTK for great chassis, Kyle from OGP and Eric Jones for the engine, Angus Hunt and Christopher Tillery for great competition and all others who was part of our 2008 racing season Respect
See you at the banquet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: