| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Another Enduro question: Grid line up: how ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Another Enduro question: Grid line up: how .... Reply with quote

will it be detemined?

With the potential of 30 karts, closer to the first turn could be a real atvantage, partic for the start. cb
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Chip i might be incorrect but believe they are doing the run and pull start so that should spread everybody out. Plus you wont hardly be moving if we start from a stand still start. Not much starting power on these motors. If i am passing on incorrect info please correct me.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33692

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding grid line up will be determined by qualifiying. I would imagine there will be 2 groups (10 each) for qualifying. The grid will be setup LeMans style. Your mechanic will run across the track and start you.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wehrheim wrote:
Your mechanic will run across the track and start you.

I hope this is incorrect, I don't think it will be safe to have people running ACROSS the track, when we did this type of starts we had the person cranking start in the oval and come up behind the kart, we never had anyone get run over with this method.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8423

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said before, it just will not be as much fun if you can not run over the pit crew of the team next to you after he has inadvertently caught himself on fire! Very Happy

This is going to be a really fun time, good work Michael and crew! It has generated a lot of interest and excitement! and as an added bonus we get to see Fat Rick on a go kart again!! Rick are you going to be the one to run and start your first driver? Just need to find out whose shoe strings to tie together Very Happy
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plans are to have the karts lined up on an angle from the start finish line back toward the oval. Starters will come up from behind and start the engines then proceed back to the oval after there kart leaves. If your kart doesn't start push it off the racing surface back into the protected oval area. If a problem should occur the corner workers have flags so be aware of there signals. This race won't be won on the first lap. No one should be out on the track or crossing it from the regular pit area. Since we have so many we will have two qualifying sessions. When we call for qualifying everyone should come to the grid and we will divide you. If you miss qualifying you will start in the back.............. This is a simple concept that should not need any hard thinking. KISS!
Jory Holbrook

Score: 1771

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amax20 wrote:
Dr. Chip i might be incorrect but believe they are doing the run and pull start so that should spread everybody out. Plus you wont hardly be moving if we start from a stand still start. Not much starting power on these motors. If i am passing on incorrect info please correct me.

Any info posted by Amax should and will be subject to question. This is the same guy who told me while breaking in my Rotax to coast down the straights and stand on it in the turns. Shocked Laughing Laughing

amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jory Holbrook wrote:

Any info posted by Amax should and will be subject to question. This is the same guy who told me while breaking in my Rotax to coast down the straights and stand on it in the turns. Shocked Laughing Laughing

just let me know halbro if you need any more help. Shocked
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the qualifying also count for the grid for the usual, regular 10 lap clone race for the day?? cb
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Sikes wrote:

Rick are you going to be the one to run and start your first driver? Just need to find out whose shoe strings to tie together Very Happy

RUN!! you a funny man Smile heck this is an hour long race right, I might stroll at a faster pace than normal, but I am not making any promises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: