| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Tech Inspections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it just so happens i have a maverick for sale. Cool
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: fast time Reply with quote

doug wrote:
kerry, i was told that the mavericks were fast at this track,so i found one on craigs list for 50.00 bucks..bought a 99.00 dollar motor, old set of tires and whala..im glad you had your stopwatch ,my lap timer was not working. i'm getting ready to go out to the garage and tinker a little more,i think with a new set of tires this kart will fly...thats if rick will tell me the secret setup for this thing...

Great!! Finally got you on a Maverick, course 10 years after I wanted to but better late than never. It is great to hear you will be joining us after your vacation Smile PM me with any questions, but, sounds like you got it working sweet already, or maybe you just won the engine lottery.
Seriously, if you need my help let me know.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8374

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many Mavericks are running in this race? From looking at the registration, looks like at least 4.

Rick, better break out the old Jig and blow the dust off! Looks like this class is going to get bigger and bigger! When are we going to get a Rotax version?
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, Who else is using a Maverick?
BTW, I am shipping the jig to your house, I am going to let you build them Razz Here is a little tip though, make sure you only let people with really fast engines us them, that is the only way they can win, atleast that is what I've been told Laughing
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8374

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good one Very Happy ! I will make mine 30' wide then no one can lap me!!

Mavericks - Me, Allen and Louie, You and the French Brothers, Doug, Erin and Tyler.
Kerry Wilson

Score: 6479

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it was Doug or Jimmy Evans I was timing. I was on the backstretch in a silver Honda Civic with my stopwatch.

All I know is the kart had black bodywork and I think a green 18 number.

So, was it Doug or Jimmy, identify yourself. Laughing
Invader #9
Doug Austin
Senior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5479

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop,stop,stop, let me clear the air.i was messing with kerry and rick because i know them from the old days.although i would like to try the maverick if i get the chance.as far as kerry timing someone that is true,i was down there,but i don't know who it was..rick,thank you for offering your help.. just thought i'd break the ice with them since i have not seen in so long..rick,my youngest son who is now 17 will be racing with me..boy it has been a long time...i hope he sees how family oriented this sport is...unlike motocross where everyone thinks they are better than everyone else and nobody wants to help you with anything..i hope i didn't make anyone mad by playing along with kerrys comment..hope to meet everyone at the race...i actually have a 1999 coyote st. rail with the central machinery motor on it..don't hate me
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33571

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,
I think you will find the club is pretty close knit group, especially the Clone guys. We are all helping each other with tuning. I sure wish we were in town because I think I could have gotten my son to race too. I know he would have loved to do some serious rubbing with Alan Maxwell, Steve Frank and Randy Bishoff. Very Happy Oh well, next enduro.

Also, just about everyone has the blue clone (Harbor Freight/Central Machine) We also have the red and yellow clones running.
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
stop,stop,stop, let me clear the air.i was messing with kerry and rick because i know them from the old days.although i would like to try the maverick if i get the chance.as far as kerry timing someone that is true,i was down there,but i don't know who it was..rick,thank you for offering your help.. just thought i'd break the ice with them since i have not seen in so long..rick,my youngest son who is now 17 will be racing with me..boy it has been a long time...i hope he sees how family oriented this sport is...unlike motocross where everyone thinks they are better than everyone else and nobody wants to help you with anything..i hope i didn't make anyone mad by playing along with kerrys comment..hope to meet everyone at the race...i actually have a 1999 coyote st. rail with the central machinery motor on it..don't hate me

Now that was just mean Twisted Evil and funny Laughing at the same time. I really thought someone other than me and my bud's were going to use a Maverick. Sure would like to see you and your son racing sprints again.
RS
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Sikes wrote:

Mavericks - Me, Allen and Louie, You and the French Brothers, Doug, Erin and Tyler.

You sure about Erin, Dale bought one from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: