| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
junior open race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: junior open race Reply with quote

now that was fun!

as we near the end of the season, can i offer a suggestion? if all parents agree, can GSKA combine more classes? i know this seems inconsistent from me, and if bailey shows back up soon, we're gonna want a clear shot at him. but if it's like yesterday, and no real points battles are going on anymore, i got the feeling most dads and racers would have liked to have more karts on the track.

but again, if any dad or racer isn't into it, then i wouldn't want to force this as i wouldn't want this forced onto me.

if only one micro, put him in with cadet. we'd love to run our mini with the supercans,etc.

at this point in the season, with everything pretty much rapped up, i'd even like to see classes really combined, and staged by their qualifying time. different powerbands from different engine packages would really force the kids to drive!

it seems to be better than 2 karts on the track who aren't even racing each other. it's hard to get excited about that.

i'm only suggesting this for these last few races if the attendance is so low again. and only in classes where the points for championship is pretty much decided.

again, i know this is inconsistent from me and i've even complained about not wanting to combine, sorry. my flip-flopping drives my wife nuts, too. you'd think i was a democrat.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a good time as well. I asked Ross what his favorite part of the day was and he said the last race - Open Juniors. He also ran his fastest laps of the day.

I would like to say all the kids did a great job and hopefully next time we can get even more karts.
John Wehrheim

Score: 33906

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie and Everyone,
If the parents and racers are comfortable combining classes we can do this, however everyone would have to agree.

As many recall this was highly discussed last year and the majority of parents did not want to combine the classes due to the difference in corner speeds or top end speeds. This is why we kept many of our junior classes separated.

This provides great experience for a karter, but not all racers are comfortable with this type of experience.
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 28924

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4 cycle Jr. classes are already combined.

I would not be for combining the 2 and 4 cycle jr classes, since Connor runs both Animal Jr. and Cadet. Seat time is everything for us right now, and I've seen him really progress since we started running both classes.

That being said, I'd be all for a Jr. open every race day, time permitting!

DT
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 35722

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That being said, I'd be all for a Jr. open every race day, time permitting!

I agree Darrin.
I thought the combined Jr race was interesting and worth doing again.
But personally I would like to keep the Gold Plates separate.
We have averaged around 6 karts the last couple of races.