| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
air box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thorton

Score: 209

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: air box Reply with quote

do you guys forsee in changing over to the adapter/ filter over the stock air box for next years rules. we still have the stock air box but thought about the adapter for next year just to help on the looks
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason we decided on the stock air filter was 2 fold. First was cost for adapter and the second one was an air restriction for those who try to push the carb and fuel rules. In trying to make this equal for all I wrote the rules with that in mind. If you read our rules you are allowed to remove the plastic top which covers the filter element . You can use the the foam outer filter along with the paper filter or not. Paper filter is not to be altered but must be used. The base that the element sits on can be trimed back so you can acess the the fuel line and throttle linkage. No internal modifications to the plastic adapter or the carb are allowed. In other words no enlarging the carb or plastic adapter. If we were running on dirt we would have to use the adapter but our track creates no dust so the stock filter is all we allow.
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 33985

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to change the subject Michael.
Quote:
If we were running on dirt we would have to use the adapter but our track creates no dust so the stock filter is all we allow.

I bet an adapter would have worked well when you went dirt tracking after your brakes failed a few races ago. Laughing
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny!!!!!!! To be realistic about it I used compressed air and blew out the filter and reinstalled it. That is the same filter I was using on Saturday. By the way that is also the dog of an engine I have been using all year. Looking at my times at the first of the season and what I ran last Saturday it would make you think I changed engines. Not the case just a never ending battle to find the setup that I like. I have something else for you guys next race.The best never rest.

As a foot note Angela and I let you and Dan get by on the way home since you were holding up traffic. I especially like you and Dan using body English to get your truck moving.
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 33985

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that by the end of the year you would be up at the front knocking at the door.You keep tinkering till you get it right.
The best never rest.
Quote:
Looking at my times at the first of the season and what I ran last Saturday it would make you think I changed engines.

Does that compressed air contain nitrous?? Wink

As far as the pass on 41 we got tickled also.Laughing
P.S. Was that Angela in the Barnesville swimming pool last weekend?