| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
About the timed pitstops for the enduro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor might be on to something with the stopwatches. If we had a box of stopwatches in the pits, the driver that enters could grab one and start it, then the departing driver would have to present it to an official with at least 2 minutes on it before exiting the pits. The watch is then reset and put back in the box.
Kosmic Mercury #602
jeff bacon

Score: 15172

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Some good points. Here are some answers:

1- How do you time exactly the 2 minutes ? What happens if a driver only stops 1 min and 45 seconds , how do you penalize that driver.
A) Each team will need to have someone in charge of timing their own pitstop. We will have people in the tower watching these stops. If you leave too early, you will have to do a one minute stop and go penalty.
2- How will the official timer know when the motor is actually stopped and shut off, if 2 or more karts come in at the same time when and how exactly will the precise time be recorded?
A)Good point. I amended the rules to say when the karts come to a complete stop.
3- I think you are opening up a can of worms that will create a ton of arguments and hard feelings if not very heated discussions over 2 or 3 seconds.
A) I feel since this is a "For Fun" race with no points given, and we have an honorable group of people, everything will run smoothly.

I am concerned that there might be one misconception. You can make your 2 minute stop whenever you want. If you want to make your 2 minute stop and your first lap, then again on your second lap and then run for 56 more minutes, you can do that. And by the way, you cannot do one 4 minute pit stop!
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Carter Schlenke

Score: 1653

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of the LeMans style start and while others may disagree, I think the timed two minute stops are a good idea. Safety comes first. Thanks for your time in putting this together. I am really looking forward to it. Laughing
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff for adressing the concerns

Just 1 more quick comment that may ease things a little , could a tolerance factor be brought in say between 1 min 50 seconds and 2 minutes there would not be a penalty?

steve
JoshuaWarren

Score: 8503

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:

1- How do you time exactly the 2 minutes ? What happens if a driver only stops 1 min and 45 seconds , how do you penalize that driver.
A) Each team will need to have someone in charge of timing their own pitstop. We will have people in the tower watching these stops. If you leave too early, you will have to do a one minute stop and go penalty.

I have two quotes on this question.

How many people will you have to time our stop?

what if we have 5 racers come in at the same time and only 4 timers.

Also, What flag will you use for the 1 min. stop and go penatly

Thanks
Clone Senior
jeff bacon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past we have had one person scoring races with 10 people or more. If we can handle scoring that many people in a race, we can easily monitor more than one pitstop. Again, it is up the team to know how long 2 minutes is.
www.gakartsales.com
RKS

Score: 803

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be a 4 minute total penalty if you did not stop at all?
jeff bacon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not make the two MANDATORY pit stops, you will be disqualified.
www.gakartsales.com
bill hillhouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the 2 min pit stop rule?

i think its a stupid idea .why cant we just pit like anyone else would in a normal race . how would you keep track of the 2 minutes??

we feel that that a pit stop shoud be however long it takes,not 2 minutes that are manditory!
what are we going to do for th othe min and 45 seconds??
guess we could get a hot dog.

or maybe spend some quality time in the blue room!
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion is no timed pit stops but a mandatory 2 pit stops shutting the engine off and driver getting out for refueling. When it is complete driver gets back on, engine is restarted and they go back out on the track. No extra large fuel tank allowed to keep from making that 2 stops. If you have a larger than normal size tank over 9 liters you will have to start the race with a half tank. You will have to put gas in the kart on at least 1 stop
Since I'll probably be the chosen one monitoring the stops have an easy to read number on your kart that I can easily read from the tower. This makes more sense to me and less chance of a controversy at the end of the race. In order for this to happen no stock engine mounted fuel tanks would be allowed and remote fuel tanks on all karts would be required.

Last edited by Michael Jackson on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: