| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Rotax grouping this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

there is combined class - TAG. The problem is you want the club to force largest class to run with a small class because it is better for you. I don't understand why you think that is fair.

Second, if you want to run in a bigger class go get yourself a Rotax. Just like all the guys who race in the Rotax class.

Remember, the Rotax class racers are GSKA members as well and should have a say.
Mark Libby

Score: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Tag Heavy with Rotax Masters Reply with quote

What Im proposing is combining the Tag Heavy and Rotax Masters together so all the heavy karts race together. More karts, more competition, more interesting racing. Tires? The Tags run on YHCs and the Rotax on their usual D2s. Id be interested in hearing from the Rotax Master drivers on their thoughts about this idea.

Thanks,
John Wehrheim

Score: 34019

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to keep out of this discussion, but it is difficult. I think one thing many are forgetting is that Karting like many motorsports are taking a hit due to the economy. Lets not forget that karters want to compete. If they didn't then why race. Lets not ignore the fact the number of Rotax entries and Tag entries have dropped significantly. Why, well I don;t think anyone has the magical answer, but I have to believe the economy is a major aspect.

So to get to my point, if we want to continue to grow this club and the classes, you need to have an environment where everyone wants to race. Look at the how much Clone has grown. Why, low cost, close competition and the fun factor. We even allowed Frank to race his Animal with us because we wanted him to race with someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: