| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
WKA MFG Cup - New Castle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim

Score: 33906

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: WKA MFG Cup - New Castle Reply with quote

I am up at the final WKA event at New Castle. Mark Dismore continues to do a fantastic job and fabulous facility. Anyone that really enjoys karting should make the trip, even if it is just for a fun local race.

500 Plus entries for the final race is very high. I believe it is due to Marks facility. Everyone wants to race here. The racing in all classes were very tight. Seemed like the top 5 you could throw a blank over them. Anyone could win and the draft takes place at this track on the two straights.

Chris got pole in the Tag class. (I believe the top 3 were within 1/100th of a second) In the Heat race, Chris was leading, but on the second to last lap, he and Caleb Lenowski tangled, but was still able to finish 9th. The final was awesome. Chris fell back a bit, probably around 11th. Chris was able to catch the top 5 leaders with about 3 laps to go. On the final lap Chris was in 3rd coming onto the last straight (1,000 ft) where he was able to push his teammate (Kyle Weigand) to the front for the win, Chris finished 2nd and set fast time. Tomorrow, we hope to win and Kyle comes in second Very Happy

Lastly, for you race fans, you can listen live to the racing on www.racefanradio.com I think the broadcast will start around 11:00 EST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: