| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Clone Entries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carter Schlenke

Score: 1668

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great driving John. I thought I had something for you in the feature but then my kart stated pushing worse than a dump truck the last 6 laps and the faster Wilson and Pugh karts got by me with ease. Congrats to all three of you on a great race.

Michael, I apologize if I truly did get into you in qualifying, it was unintentional.
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe how tired I was after the race. Thought Frank was going to need CPR. Just kidding it was fun and hope we continue to grow our class. Since we will probably have some younger racers moving up next year I think we will probably have to add a Clone Light to our class. It would be dangerious for them to have to add so much lead. If no one has any objections. I'm looking at maybe 325 lbs. Let me know what you all think. Also an 8-12 year old class with stock muffler and air filter along with the governor looks to be next on the horizon. Had several inquires about that. Leaving the governor on will take the place of a resrictor plate.
Carter no need for an apology we are racing, not out for a leisurely drive. Just hope I can muster up the you know what so I can drive deeper into the turn like you. By the way the left pedal is the brake. I should know huh?Also use the word Dump Truck with reverence because that is my karts name! See everyone in 2 weeks.
Lastly I would like to thank Jeff and Ginny for there hard work keeping the raceday moving along smoothly. I especially like the printed program that they put together with practice and race schedules. They both due a lot behind the scenes that the rest of us take for granted. A little thank you wouldn't hurt any of us. GSKA isn't there source of income it is a hobby just like ours.
John Wehrheim

Score: 33906

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
My only concern about this is are you now going to reduce the racing. This is like adding another class, just splitting up the competition. The more the merry. By reducing the weight, now you might have kerry, Mike and Jeff now run at the lower weight.

Before a decision is made, lets understand who is moving up, their current weight class, how much lead do they have and how much would they have to add.
John Wehrheim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter, Mike and Kerry, it was great racing with you guys.

Carter, thank you for the compliments. My fastest lap was on lap 17. Came in a bit too late. always felt you were there, especially in the tight stuff.

If I can get Greg's kart running fast, I will race it. I just need to do several days of testing. Need 600 rears, softer axle and chassing tuning. This might get it close. Best we were able to get going in his kart was a 27.9, but it handled terrible in the bowl.

If anyone has a soft axle or some old 600 tires that I can borrow to test, let me know. I really need to free up the rear of the Invader

Thanks
metzgerov

Score: 1620

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would like us all at the same weight...otherwise its easier for me to run light as well but i want good races.

Anyway what John said..
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have Dan, Erin, and Joshua. They are carying 300 lbs now. I know Dan has lead on his kart just to make that weight.I believe even our Flyweights Kerry and Mike would have a hard time making 325. That is why I was asking for input. If you think it is a bad idea let me know. That is why I put it out there. Rules won't change till end of season and then maybe no changes will happen at all. This is just a suggestion for now.
metzgerov

Score: 1620

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I have a 40mm axele that I think is soft..dont know what size you need.

But you can borrow it
Brantley French

Score: 3050

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still planning on starting up in clone next year (if not by the end of this year). i way 225 and an extra 150 from the kart would put me at around 275. id rather have to ad weight than lose it. its like hitting a brick wall trying to lose 20 pounds. just throwing it out there that maybe 300 should be the class weight.
John Wehrheim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brantley
Your math is a bit off. 225 + 150 = 375. Very Happy I weight 215, came across the scales at 368 this past weekend, finished 2nd. So what I am saying is you can compete for the win at 215 - 225. Just comes down to driving and tuning. Chassis do weigh differently, Try to find a lighter chassis.
Brantley French

Score: 3050

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. got me in my math on that one.... im gunna call that a typo. ha it may come down to where someone will have to try to lay off the potato chips. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: