| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Boring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Boring Reply with quote

Although we are probably glad we are not racing in the summer heat, but I have to say, it is sure getting boring being at home and not being at the track seeing everyone and watching some great racing.

I sure hope everyone is looking forward to the 9th.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28143

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went up to Charlotte and practiced last weekend. Connor layed down 105 laps Smile

The track was way off, no rubber, and we got to run over some dead guy's ashes (actually it was that NASCAR tech guy that passed).

DT
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33486

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte is a great track. The WKA Nationals will probably return there next year.
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hot weather isn't the problem, although not enjoyable either. I have had to tow 2 1/2 hours to the drag strip (Lithia Springs to Reynolds). First time I went as I was pulling up to the gate it started raining. Nice thing about lights we waited out the rain and still got to race.I have switched over to foot brake racing from electronics along with a minimum ET of 6.40 in the 1/8 mile, so I have had to slow my car down from 5.90's. Sounds easy but it has to be done by mechanical means only and still be a consistent running car. Hardest part has been not using my transbrake and delay box combination. Have to rely on tire pressures and reflexes to take there place. It has been a learning experience to say the least but by no means have I been bored. Still looking for that elusive win but it's another hobby to enjoy while we wait to start back at Barnesville. Hardest thing to endure has been filling my truck with gas. Last race round trip was a 3 figure fill up.
Patrick French

Score: 3170

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fought off the boredom today at Atlanta Motor Speedway with the Speedtech boys... It's basically the same as Richard Petty Experience without the lead car on your hot laps. Those cars rock! The only thing similar about those cars and the kart is that the seat faces forward. Everything else is exactly opposite. In order to enter turn 1 and 3 during the warm up laps, you turn RIGHT! And everyone has always said that NASCAR drivers only turn left... Once you get out there on your fast laps, the car settles in, you don't have to fight the steering wheel to go straight, and you actually have to put in a little steering input to make the car get into turn 1 and 3. But, once in the turn, the car feels rock solid, and I don't think it is possible to make one of those spin. I got the car fast enough to make it backfire, once, so I felt my job was done.

Anyhoo, that is a great time, and anyone interested needs to check them out at www.speedtech500.com

I will see everybody at the track in a couple weeks.

Patrick
CRG, Rotax #08
clarence

Score: 8229

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to barnesville yestarday and ran about 80-100 laps. Felt real good! I'm ready for the 9th
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28143

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Jackson wrote:
The hot weather isn't the problem, although not enjoyable either. I have had to tow 2 1/2 hours to the drag strip (Lithia Springs to Reynolds). First time I went as I was pulling up to the gate it started raining. Nice thing about lights we waited out the rain and still got to race.I have switched over to foot brake racing from electronics along with a minimum ET of 6.40 in the 1/8 mile, so I have had to slow my car down from 5.90's. Sounds easy but it has to be done by mechanical means only and still be a consistent running car. Hardest part has been not using my transbrake and delay box combination. Have to rely on tire pressures and reflexes to take there place. It has been a learning experience to say the least but by no means have I been bored. Still looking for that elusive win but it's another hobby to enjoy while we wait to start back at Barnesville. Hardest thing to endure has been filling my truck with gas. Last race round trip was a 3 figure fill up.

Good to hear the brake pedal works on your drag car Twisted Evil

DT
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a 1/2 mile to stop, a sand trap but I don't like the dirt embankment as the final stopping. I go thru the 1/8 mile at 110 MPH so it would be a little harder impact then I had at Barnesville.
JoshuaWarren

Score: 8496

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have any pictures of your drag car?
I would love to see them
Clone Senior
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: