| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Front Brakes Still Pulling Left!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamest

Score: 134

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Front Brakes Still Pulling Left! Reply with quote

I installed Ven99 front brakes on my kart this winter and it has been pulling left very hard ever since. I mean it will literally snatch the steering wheel hard left if you stomp the brakes. I have bled and bled the lines/calipers using a gravity bleeder w/ emphasis on the right front side and nothing got better. I replaced the right front caliper and all pads last week out of frustration and no better. I checked the lines and one of the orifices in the longer line (going to the right caliper) was smaller in diameter so I drilled all line orifices on left and right side to the next bigger size to ensure they are the same. No change. Just replaced the seals in the right caliper today and still pulling left. If I zip tie the brake pedal down I can feel the left tire is harder to turn than the right tire. Is this a common problem w/ the Ven99 brakes as they have different length lines going to the calipers? I really need some help with this one. I'm stumped! Any suggestions?
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 34928

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the ven99 brake system but have you tried to adjust the left side pads out a little(away from the rotor ) and the right side pads in a little .