| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
GSKA vs BCKC Race July 19, 2008
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Tillery

Score: 101

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: GSKA vs BCKC Race July 19, 2008 Reply with quote

I want to invite all the Rotax drivers to the Bakerís Creek Kart Club Race on July 19th. It should be a great race. Weíll have a few special things planned. A local radio station will have a broadcast from the track and one of their DJís will be racing someone, we havenít decided who yet. We will have a catered barbeque lunch available for purchase, and some free pizza later in the day.
Race fees for GSKA members will be set at $45. This will not cover armbands. Armbands are $10 and are good for Friday and Saturday. Early registration will save you $10, so this will cover the cost of the armbands. You can download the form here: http://bakerscreekkarting.org/forms/2008_BCKC_Registration_Form.pdf

The form and check must be received by Wednesday July 17,2008 to receive the discount. The address to send it to is on the form.

We will require a purchase of a minimum of 2 gallons of VP 93 fuel, at $10/gallon, so have an empty can available.

The track will be available for practice on Friday. The cost for GSKA members will be $35. The time for opening the track is TBA so check the www.bakerscreekkarting.org website for this time. You will be able to leave trailers and even RVís overnight in the pit area. It is fenced and will be locked. There is no power or water in the pit area.

There are two good hotels in the local area. There is Country Inn and Suites,
http://www.countryinns.com/decatural, and The Holiday Inn http://www.hidecaturalabama.com/ that are very close to the track.

The track will be open by 8AM on Saturday and we usually like to have a driver's meeting at 9:30 am. We will have two timed practice sessions, followed by qualifying. We will then take a lunch break. Around 1 pm, we should start back with Heat 1, Heat 2, then Finals.

Hope to see many of you there. There is a set of D2 tires on the line for the winner of the Seniors and Masters class combined points from our two race days. Thanks,

Glenn Tillery
BCKC President
Mark Benton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,
Can I stay in my trailer at the track on Friday evening? I've got it set up for sleeping, so that would save me some serious dough if I can just stay at the track.
Glenn Tillery

Score: 101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just know there is no power or water.
Cory Montgomery

Score: 1087

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on what time the track will open for friday practice?

Thanks
#07 CRG - Rotax
#06 CRG - S125 Shifter
Cory Montgomery

Score: 1087

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory Montgomery wrote:
Any word on what time the track will open for friday practice?

Thanks

Never mind, I see Joe is planning on being their around 11:30......

Guess I should keep a better check on their forum
#07 CRG - Rotax
#06 CRG - S125 Shifter
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going early Saturday morning that I can hitch a ride. Would be fun to watch you guys.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all the GSKA drivers heading to Bakers Creek. Sure wish I could be there, but no one want to take me up on my free help. Very Happy
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29251

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wehrheim wrote:
Good luck to all the GSKA drivers heading to Bakers Creek. Sure wish I could be there, but no one want to take me up on my free help. Very Happy

If you have tow vehicle, I can give you trailer with kart and tools, Michael, pay for gas and entry fee and you make sure he will not brake anything. He will stay home bored otherwise.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first day is complete, and even with the heat, hot,hot,hot, all the GSKA guys are having a blast. What an awsome track, well, if you like long straights and tight turns, but then who doesn't. Ross and Angus look great in their new Birel karts. Pat, Kevin, Cory, Jason, Palmer will sleep good tonite. Tomorrow we will see how we stack up but I think we should hold our own.
Anyone who was not able to attend, should make plans to come over and just race a regular race with these guys, everyone here is friendly and more than happy to help.

Rick
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Rick on all points. Everybody has been really friendly and the track and facilities are wonderful. Unfortunately, I spent more time pushing my kart than driving early in the day. Once I figured out that I had a bad battery, I got in some laps and hope I learned the track well enough.

I am also starting to understand the appeal of the sport of drifting. I have been practicing on completely shot D2s and it's almost like ice racing out there...but quite fun to drive! I'll strap on some new tires this morning and see if I can still hold it on the track.

Big thanks to Cory for bailing me out with the spare battery!!! I think I know where my power went in the last race now.

Looking forward to sunrise. I love the smell of 2 strokes in the morning!
Kosmic Mercury #602
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: