| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
PRD FIREBALL ENGINE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33699

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,
Based on your comments, I would stick with Rotax and continue to race Rotax in Tag. Look at Brent Harper. He has fast time in Tag with a Rotax and 40lbs more than a Tag. The only difference is he used soft tires.

As to racing at a national level. I encourage guys to go, but be prepared for a potential rude awakening. It is TOUGH, but an experience you will remember for a lifetime. Test the water this winter at the Florida Winter tour. Don't take this the wrong way, but you can be a very good driver locally, but that is only part of the equation. Chassis and Carb tuning are CRITICAL and you need to be willing to make the investment in spares. (different axle stiffness, different hubs). In addition, if your goal is to do the best you can vs. the experience, invest in some top quality driver coaching and chassis setup.

Brent Harper is very fast. In fact, I would consider him one of the top 3 Master drivers in the Country. Keep in mind that if you are 5/10ths of a second off of Brent at Barnesville, this is like being off 1.5 - 2.0 seconds of a lap at a national caliber track.
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rude awakening is the truth. National racing is very cool. If you raced against or watched Chris W. the last race, imagine 30 other little pyscho on the track being as aggressive as he is. Chris started in jr. and went on to where he is now. To see what it is like to run the nat's just look at chris. It is a different kind of racing simply because everybody wants to win and are not there to run in second. Get the best equipment you can. Take as many spares as you can. Every thing but the kitchen sink (as a good friend of mine told me). You will have the best time racing you have every had. And just my .02$ the rok is the way to go on a tag. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: