| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Rollcall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's planning to run the series this year?
Micromax
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Minimax
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Junior
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Senior
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Masters
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
DD2
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 20
This poll does not expire

Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you win the senior championship can you go on to race Masters at the Nationals??? A staggered on a track the size of Barnesville Rolling Eyes .. What is the Problem with starting where you qualify????
Richie,
You might want to let Angus start whipping everyone locally before you switch classes... If you want him to be racing against the best in the country then you need to leave him in Cadet and go to the WKA, STAR's and IKF races.. See you soon..

CMC KARTS
Brent Harper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,
How many would we have to have per class to run them seperate???

CMC KARTS
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me putting Angus in a Micromax now would get him two years in Rotax before switching to Minimax and Minimax is one of the most competitive classes in karting right now. Plus once he switches to Mini all you do is put back on the big radiator, big pipe and an intake restricter. The motors are so reliable once you buy the motor you shouldn't have to touch it for 3-4 years maybe longer.

Other benefits are electric start, fixed gear, spec tire and a sealed motor. The sealed motor means no modifications which keeps the cost down and ensures a level playing field.

I encourage you talk to some of the dads that are running Micro and see what they think (I am one Very Happy ). Most are coming from Kid Kart or Comer. There will be about 20 at Ocala, Fl March 7,8,9.

If you would like to try one out we'll have ours at the track on Saturday and Monday. Angus can give it a go and you can see for yourself.

Oh and BTW, most of the kids racing at a National level (Stars, etc.) have both motors. Just because you own a Cadet does not mean you can't buy a Micro and run it as well. There are some tracks that don't run Comer and some that don't run Rotax.

PS. I'm really kind of suprised Ihor recommended staying Comer. He ran Comer last year and told me personally he hated the class and switched to Mini.

Ihor, if you and Michael are interested I can as Race Director mandate Michael back to Micro. Think about it and let me know. I think the class is going to be bigger than Mini at Barnesville this year.
Carl Cottrell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent, you can run Seniors class locally and Masters at Nationals. That is not a problem and I have verified that with CCRKC.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33595

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh and BTW, most of the kids racing at a National level (Stars, etc.) have both motors

Sure would like to know where you get these figures? I am sure there are drivers that have both, but to say most Rolling Eyes
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29148

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadet and MiniMax are two different worlds.
Most Cadet teams racing in Stars or WKA Man Cup invested too much into Comer and usually race also HPV1 and Yamaha1. STARS events have smaller number of Cadets than WKA and with exception of Santino Ferucci, nobody else race in Rotax.

STARS 2007 total - 30 Comers;
Florida Winter Tour 2007 total - 44 MiniMaxes, 32 Comers;
WKA don't provide complete stats but we tried twice to qualify and both time unsuccessful, with 45+ entries.

Most MiniMax drivers have Comer engine just in case there is a national event in area to have additional seat time on known track (Chaponick or Tesoro as example).

So its slightly different from Carl said, most young drivers have Comers, but if they started in Rotax, Comer is mostly on a shelf.

We will race Comer in Barnesville only (+ autox, time permit) and MiniMax elsewhere (money permit).
Carl Cottrell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sure would like to know where you get these figures? I am sure there are drivers that have both, but to say most

I guess I should have said some Embarassed .

Instead I should have said most choose Rotax. Just look at the results at the FWT. 22 Cadets, 22 Micromax, and 38 Minimax.

John, I'll admit it. I am pro-Rotax. I tell everyone I know.This is the best class in karting bar none.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8403

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have sold one comer 80 and put the other one in a box since trying the micro max! No need to have 3 motors in the trailer or sort thru 3000.00 comers to find one that will run up front. Just ask Carl, I was very skeptical about switching to the Micromax - no longer, we love it.

We may still run the comer in a race or two and will keep it for other tracks and for WKA stuff next year but having a motor that is competitive out of the box with everything you need to go racing included is really nice. Of course, running all over the track carrying a starter will be missed Wink
Brent Harper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we raise the Senior weight by 40lbs.????? Laughing

CMC KARTS
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33595

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that the MicroMax, MiniMax, etc are nice motors. But I have to disagree with you guys about the $3,000 Comer motors. Yes you need to have the motor built by a top tuner, like Doug Fleming, Woltjer or Mark Zartarian.

The fact is that many struggle in Comer, MicroMax and other lower HP motors because they simply do not know how to tune a chassis and or the driver is not capable of being in the top 10 or 20. These are momentum classes. If your kart is tight/bound up, you will be slow.

Another fact, your motor is only going to represent a few tenths. Chassis tuning and driver account for seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: