| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Rollcall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's planning to run the series this year?
Micromax
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Minimax
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Junior
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Senior
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Masters
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
DD2
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 20
This poll does not expire

KevinFrench

Score: 4288

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we decided yet how we will grid the 2 classes after qualifying? In other words, will the Masters all start behind the Seniors or will it be purely by qualifying time?
Kosmic Mercury #602
Chris Daniel

Score: 984

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to line everyone up by their time and let us sort it out on the track, score the masters and seniors seperately. It sounds a little awkward/dangerous to start slower senior drivers in front of faster master drivers, or vice versa. Just my .02
Jeff Sikes
2 Cycle Director

Score: 8546

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue I see coming with that is - say 2 masters are running a tight points race and driver A ends up on the 2nd row due to a fantastic run and driver B ends up on the 4th row. Now he should be next to driver A on outside poll (his time was good enough to qualify him 2nd in masters) but now they have 3 senior drivers (blockers) between them and also a good chance to get caught in the turn one pile up (not implying the seniors would cause this!!).

Not trying to start anything, I just see this coming and it would be easier to sort it out now. John do you have thoughts on how you are going to start the combined classes? Split delayed starts or all together? How about the classes that are starting together but one class will lap the other before race end - will the lapped class have a shorter race or will it be two checkers?
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
I could'nt agree more... Your qualifying time is just that.. And lining up much faster drivers at the back is just an accident waiting to happen!!! May look good from the sidelines but it gets a little tight out on the track... I prefer to lessen the chances of my or someone elses equipment getting smashed.... I think people are aware that towards the end of the race they may be lapped but it should'nt be like that at the begining of the race..

CMC KARTS
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm new to karting, but it sounds like staggered starts could help. that's how it's done in mx. each may lap the back markers, but by that time it's spread out. btw, i'm starting to wish i'd gone micromax instead of cadet, but we'll definitely be there next year, and probably sometime in the middle of this season.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
i'm starting to wish i'd gone micromax instead of cadet, but we'll definitely be there next year, and probably sometime in the middle of this season.

Angus is 10 next year? It will be almost too late to go MicroMax. Just do Cadet this year and he may be ready for MiniMax soon.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have to do a staggered start. This is basically two classes on the track at the same time running seperate races. Now if we only had a couple of karts in each class then no big deal - just grid them by time. But if you have 10 karts per class, I think they need to be gridded by class and that means a staggered start. That also means both classes are going to have to do a good job of getting lined up.

If we get enough karts in both classes we just might have to go back to two seperate races. Right now GSKA wants to combine the classes in an effort to keep the schedule, but if we have enough karts in both classes maybe GSKA will combine two other smaller classes.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 10 years old for 2009, so i plan to be looking for a minimax package. liquid-cooled, TAG, sounds good to me.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, as far as new drivers I know about:

Brian Henry - Masters
Kylar Crawford - Masters
Robin Roemisch - Senior
Daniel White - Senior
Tony Militello - Masters
Jesse Seely - Micro
Simon Sikes - Micro
Ross Smith - Micro
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you win the senior championship can you go on to race Masters at the Nationals??? A staggered on a track the size of Barnesville Rolling Eyes .. What is the Problem with starting where you qualify????
Richie,
You might want to let Angus start whipping everyone locally before you switch classes... If you want him to be racing against the best in the country then you need to leave him in Cadet and go to the WKA, STAR's and IKF races.. See you soon..

CMC KARTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: